As a member of the Compliance team, you are involved in all tasks relating to the Securities activities through the Security Services business unit in the SG Frankfurt branch. You ensure the adherence to and the deployment of regulations as well as the rules of the Société Générale group within the businesses concerned. Besides the knowledge on European regulation, you will have to ensure the compliance with local regulations, such as the capital investment code (“KAGB”), the securities trading act (“WpHG”) and other rules & regulations applicable to a local depositary (“Verwahrstelle”).
Your tasks and responsibilities encompass among others the following:
- Identify and monitor the regulatory risks / requirements of the depositary perimeter while defining the means necessary for their supervision by LoD 1 and LoD 2,
- Complete gap analysis on (new) regulatory requirements,
- Support and advise SGSS on compliance related topics with their projects or ad hoc requests by formalizing opinions, and support in the implementation, both at the level of the Business Line and at the level of SGSS Compliance,
- Provide advice to LoD1 locally and LoD2 centrally, regarding regulatory requirements and their implementation and application, also regarding market integrity, fight against corruption, conducts and ethics and tax transparency
- Monitor and provide input to the Group's regulatory projects,
- Deploy measures adapted to the development of the compliance culture within the business lines (procedures, memos, specific training, regular points, etc.),
- Validate new products and services requiring a compliance notice (NPC),
- Perform and develop the internal control framework to address the identified compliance risks (incl. desk reviews),
- Contribute to the various committees, locally and centrally,
- Establish and further develop regular and appropriate reporting to local stakeholders and to the Compliance central team,
- Organise and conduct classroom trainings (face-to-face and video conference) and e-learnings, where required.
Besides this, you will also be involved in general Financial Crime Unit tasks like control actions, preparation of reports and risk analysis.