Graduate with a Master’s degree from Business/Engineering School or University in Law/Finance,
You ideally have a previous experience in a bank or financial institution.
You are fluent in English.
You have good command of MS Office applications.
• Good knowledge of Compliance matters - Ability to understand main Compliance matters and financial regulation in general.
• Excellent drafting and communication skills - Ability to communicate clearly in writing about the main aspects of regulatory developments to prepare for the analysis by stakeholders. Ability to explain clearly a regulatory development to an audience.
• Organisational skills - Ability to gather input from various stakeholders and to coordinate actions.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
At Société Générale, you will be joining the Group's compliance function (CPLE).
“Build a Compliance Division recognised as a trusted, efficient and independent partner enabling a sustainable business development for the Group”.
In order to achieve its mission statement, Compliance activities are supported by 10 Guiding Principles, as follows:
- Build a global Compliance team operating along clear, simple and shared rules in a spirit based on openness, mutual trust and respect
- Build a global Compliance Division committed to translate regulations into appropriate internal rules so that business is accountable for their implementation. Actively promote compliance risk awareness across the bank
- Build a global Compliance Division implementing an effective compliance program based on a comprehensive risk assessment and robust controls and testing framework
- Build a global Compliance Division making responsive and well-informed decisions / statements in a consistent, timely and documented way
- Build a global Compliance Division operating close to the BUs/SUs enabling sustainable business, with its central teams focusing on strong specific expertise and transversal supervision
- Build a global Compliance Division providing Management and Board with meaningful, transparent and regular reporting and advice on Compliance risks
- Build a global Compliance Division fostering trustworthy relationships with regulatory bodies based on sound, transparent and professional dialogue
- Build a global Compliance Division leveraging on innovation, actively looking to benefit from new technologies and data analytics and promoting experimentation
- Build a global Compliance Division composed of well-trained professionals, up to date on their area of expertise, and whenever possible certified by external bodies
- Build a global Compliance Division attractive to highly motivated talents with diverse backgrounds and adding strong value to their career path