During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities:
Compliance Regulatory Projects
• To participate in the GBS Compliance Regulatory Project governance and effectively contribute to projects / streams assigned until delivery
• To help in coordinating, jointly with Paris, the execution of the GBS Compliance contribution to Compliance Regulatory Projects globally, including but not limited to: setting up and leading the project governance (including OpCos and SteerCos, and contributing to the Business Unit and Service Unit OpCos and SteerCos); initiating and coordinating impact assessments, controls and procedures; following up and updating of these Impact assessments; supporting the shaping of required Compliance training as a result of the identified regulatory development
Project Management culture
• To help in promoting the GBS Compliance Project Management standardised methodology within the UK Compliance department
• To promote and facilitate in the development of Project Management best practices and skills, in the UK and globally, for the Wholesale Banking perimeter
• To provide support in ensuring that within the context of the global GBS Compliance Regulatory Projects framework, an appropriate UK-specific model is established and proactively managed, to connect the UK and UK stakeholders (within Compliance and with the Business Units and Service Units) to the global projects, and to coordinate the local adaptation of global procedures and controls for the UK, with a timely and risk-focused reporting model to support this; and to provide support in ensuring the global projects are appropriately informed of the UK-specifics and requirements as necessary
• To assist in ensuring that, where Compliance Regulatory Projects are managed beyond the GBS Compliance Regulatory Projects Team, for example through the Regulatory Expertise and Oversight function, there is an appropriate connection with the UK, and the reporting model for UK stakeholders is timely and risk-focused
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 24 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.