• Minimum of 6-8 years of work experience in financial services industry, compliance or audit / testing background
• Experience in execution of projects / reviews with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated ability in strong communication, organizational, analytical and people skills
• University Graduate in Banking & Finance, Economics or Law
• Professional diploma or qualifications in Compliance (e.g. ACAMS) and/or Audit (e.g. CPA, CIA) is preferred
• Fluent English (reading, writing, verbal): strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to articulate concisely technical matters
• Fluent in both writing and speaking Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin are desired)
• Working knowledge of regulations relating to financial services (SFC, HKMA, MAS, FCA rules and EU directives etc.)
• Working knowledge of Capital Markets and Investment Banking operations/ environment and associated products
• Data analytic skills with advanced Excel experience, preferred
• Analytical & problem solving
• Team player
• Hands on
• Report writing skills
• Communication, presentation skills
• Time management skills
The Compliance Risk Controller will have to manage autonomously the responsibilities set out in this job description. The Compliance Risk Controller shall not make decisions which would have an impact on the delivery of the mission without referring identified to the Regional Head of Compliance Control Monitoring and getting his approval. The Compliance Risk Controller shall escalate any high risk/issue or bottleneck in the execution of the annual plan without delay to the Regional Head of Compliance Control Monitoring or Regional Head of CPLE/CTL.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
In a context of a significant global Transformation of the Permanent Control in Societe Generale worldwide, the team of Compliance Control (CPLE/CTL)’s mandate is to operate, within the 3 lines of Defense model, a 2nd Level Controls and Testing framework, from both a regulatory and financial crime perspective, based on a robust compliance risk assessment, which drives the prioritization of a yearly control plan.
The objective of 2nd Level Controls and Testing is to assess and test independently the adequacy of the 1st Level of control compliance framework that Business Units (BU) and Support Units (SU) have implemented to mitigate their risks (non-compliance, reputation and misconduct) that SG Group is exposed to across its business activities and operations globally.
The Asia CPLE/CTL regional team is responsible to:
- Build an annual control plan covering all Compliance risk thematic.
- Execute the plan, performing 2nd level Compliance control and testing on all the existing level 1 control framework, on a risk-based approach, to assess selected processes or compliance thematic.
- Share results of the detailed assessment with key business and compliance stakeholders regionally and globally.
- Report key issues identified per BUs / SUs and the control plan status in the relevant regional and global governance.
- Ensure follow up of action plans to be implemented by LoD1 and/or LoD2
CPLE/CTL is organised around 3 teams:
1. Compliance Control Monitoring: in charge to assess all existing formalized compliance controls (for all compliance risks, all BU SU, all countries), identify weaknesses and define key action plan
2. Compliance Testing Review: in charge to test the global existing compliance control framework on dedicated process and compliance risk (risk-based approach), identify weaknesses and define key action plan.
3. Transformation and Coordination team: in charge of all transversal processes to run the Transformation of the permanent control framework and the annual plan (Risk assessment coordination, control plan coordination, methodology, action plan follow up, budget, QA…)