A Career at Societe Generale
If you want to be part of a friendly, team orientated environment, that welcomes ideas and innovative thinking then SocGen could be the place for you!
We are much more than just a French Bank and are currently looking to develop our Equities platform as whole, across Sales and Research.
ESG is at the heart of everything we do, and we have been recognised as the leader in this field winning several prestigious awards.
Our Equity Research teams do not simply cover stocks and write reports. We operate a conjoined model where you will be working closely with our ECM teams on IPO’s and sales teams dealing with a wide variety of clients.
In total we have more than 200 analysts, strategists and economists offering in-depth analysis and a distinctive cross-asset approach: impact of major events across asset classes, assessment of the links between asset classes, strategic synthesis to provide an integrated view.
We offer global coverage thanks to local networks across Europe, the US and Asia, together with an established UK and Western Europe base.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Research and analyse individual stocks on the Construction sector, and the Construction sector as a whole
- Convey SG’s strategic view on the Construction sector
- Communicate the findings to institutional investors and Societe Generale salesforce
- Develop the client portfolio on the Sector
- Collect relevant public information and data, ensuring it comes from reliable sources
- Participate in industry events, when necessary
- Investigate key information and key data points, through checks and discussions
- Build econometric and / or financial models, describing relevant parts of the business environment and allowing for forecasts; ensure all modelling is to the highest professional standards
- Update the models whenever necessary, and improve or replace them when appropriate
- Supervise the collection of data by direct reports, and the building and use of models, ensuring reliability through the verification of sample data, and other means
- Develop innovative and value-adding approaches, both for collecting data and for analysing it, in order to provide clients with input that adds value to their thought process
- Based on the research and analysis work, prepare and publish, regularly and whenever necessary, documents that update clients on developments on the subject covered, and that highlight key points
- Make sure to take into account findings of Research teams that are “upstream” (e.g., Economists for Equity analysts), and to fully leverage the findings of teams that are “peer” (e.g., Credit analysts for Equity analysts), developing whenever possible SG Global Research’ specific Cross Asset franchise
- Answer clients’ bespoke requests, within the framework set by Compliance for bespoke research activity, and in line with the overall marketing approach (pls see below)
- Based on the priorities defined in the marketing approach, communicate the published findings to internal and external clients, through calls, messages, one-to-one meetings or conferences
- Develop long term relationships with clients characterised by trust and professionalism; build, foster and cultivate client relationships in line with regulatory requirements
- Initiate and develop new client relationships
- Respond to client requests; analyse, investigate, research, manage and resolve queries received from clients
- Ensure an active communication of published findings to internal clients, through chats, messages, calls, conferences; in particular, present ideas to the general sales desk, and participate in regional/ global sales meetings as directed
- Ensure that all available feedback is captured electronically and available for further analysis, by knowing how to use CRM tools, and by effectively using them
- Provide qualitative feedback to Management, whenever useful
- Represent SG in front of the general public and the press, subject to approval by Communications, and as directed by SG management