The Compliance department acts as Second Line of Defense of the corporate banking, investment banking and broker–dealer activities across Societe Generale’s operations, reporting on the compliance risks and issues to local, regional, and head office management. The staff provide the business lines with guidance on relevant laws, rules, and regulations applicable to their activities and the development of related policies, procedures, training, and controls. The department oversees compliance with external and internal rules that govern our banking and financial activities including Know Your Customer, anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism financing, sanctions & embargoes, client protection, market integrity, anti-bribery & corruption, and data protection. Additionally, it provides trade and communications surveillance, and manages transversal support functions that help the department achieve its goals.
- Bachelor’s degree (JD desirable, securities licenses a plus)
- At least 3-5 years relevant financial industry experience in compliance for Control Room, including Research
- Solid understanding of securities regulation particularly information barrier / conflicts clearance practices and research rules.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance in time sensitive situations. Resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be team player.
- Strong work ethic and professionalism.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a changing environment.
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
COMPENSATION & SALARY RANGE:
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.