- Assist with the detection, processing and booking of corporate action events for equity and bond products.
- Collect elections from desks and clients on various voluntary events.
- Assist with the monitoring and booking of vanilla product life cycle events in Front Office (FO) and Back-Office (BO) information systems including product maturity and support of Warrant desk.
- Control over the quality and completeness of the recorded data.
- Analyse and regularize reported discrepancies.
- Assist with client reporting and client queries related to events.
- Follow-up of transversal issues (systems, financial, accounting ...)
- Streamline the different workflows through automation and process review (Corporate Action/ Product expiry/ Warrant Booking, Fees...)
- Participate in the impact analysis as part of the development of new activities.
- Define specifications and perform UAT for new information systems.
- Ensure booking timeliness; provide justifications for any late bookings and amendments.
- Update procedures linked to sensitive processes and controls.
- Assist FO on their specific requests with effective and innovative solutions.
- Lead investigations into incidents and develop action plan for the long term.
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree.
- Relevant Industry experience of 5 Years
- Demonstrable corporate actions knowledge accounting for market nuances and event specific features.
- Ability to work with various partners and clients.
- Facilitate cooperation between colleagues.
- Demonstrate a control mindset and risk analysis capabilities.
- Demonstrate equity and derivative product knowledge.
- Demonstrate a strong drive to achieve results.
- Demonstrate your abilities to improve our client service.
- Demonstrate a responsible, proactive and positive mindset.
- Think out of the box, propose new ideas and solutions on identified problems or existing processes for the sake of continuous improvement.
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- VBA / Python programming is an advantage.
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Client - Risk: I strive to satisfy clients while taking into account risks for the company
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth. ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Within Societe Generale Group, you will join the Global Business Service Unit (GBSU) division, which is in charge of the corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities businesses. The Operations Department is in charge of the processing and control of operations initiated by the GBIS business. Our teams guarantee the quality and reliability of transactions carried out on behalf of clients in all the different financial centres around the world.
Within GBSU, the Corporate Actions team is responsible for processing
• Corporate Actions and Initial Public Offerings (IPOs)
• Market events
• Exceptional events
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.