Description of the Business Line or Department
GLBA, the Global Banking and Advisory division of SG CIB, offers a global advisory approach focused on strategic dialogue with clients. Building on long-term relationships based on trust, GLBA offers clients the whole range of services offered by SG CIB and the Société Générale Group, with a particular focus on investment banking and commercial banking activities.
GLBA's client reach is worldwide with solid local expertise thanks to our platforms in Europe (France, the UK, Germany, Italy, Iberia and the CEEMEA region), the Americas and Asia.
GLBA IBD team has an integrated worldwide set-up offering a comprehensive range of advisory and capital raising services to accompany its clients thanks to strong sector and product knowledge, and proven capabilities in both local and cross-border executions. The corporate finance activity is about accompanying clients on all their investment banking needs from strategic advisory, mergers & acquisitions, equity capital markets and structured equity transactions.
Ideal opportunity for an Intern to join an established TMT Corporate Finance franchise within a leading European Bank:
- The candidate will receive a well-rounded perspective of the development of global financial services in this position, and will be joining an award-winning team in a hard-working, but friendly atmosphere
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm with business successes throughout recent years
- The position will be based in London within the TMT Corporate Finance team for a fixed term of 6 months
- The candidate will be focusing on TMT subsectors and geographies, and will be involved in M&A and ECM execution as well as origination of new deals
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- The position will involve Corporate Finance coverage
- Specific focus on TMT Team.
- The daily responsibilities would include preparing market updates for various clients, help with pitch book preparation, research on clients and various client situations, preparation of various materials for live transactions
Summary of responsibilities
- Monitoring of TMT sector trends
- Preparing market updates and presentations for various clients
- Assisting in origination and execution of Corporate Finance transactions (include, but are not limited to creation & maintenance of financial analyses and models, presentation materials, etc.)
- Research and due diligence on clients, industries and various client situations in the context of the origination and execution of transactions
- Carrying out analysis of M&A activity and identifying trends and analysing metrics
- Performing company valuations using market multiples, M&A multiples and the Discounted Cash Flows method