The individual will be responsible for credit analysis of existing or new financial institution clients/counterparties related to the following industries: banks and brokers located in the Americas region. Products traded include OTC derivatives, prime services products, repo, securities lending, trade finance and specialized financing.
Day-to-day responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Process credit requests in a timely manner to meet business deadlines and maintain the annual review cycle.
- Research and analyze financial data on the client to prepare high quality analysis in credit applications that address client credit risk and transaction risk.
- Conduct economic and banking sector research covering the Americas to support the analysis.
- Exhibit sound credit judgment skills when recommending credit limits, taking into consideration size, tenor, and suitability for client.
- Use SG internal rating model to propose counterparty ratings.
- Manage key components of counterparty credit administration such as internal ratings, trading documentation (ISDA/CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, FAA), and replacement risk limits. Establish credit terms for legal documents and follow up with legal department on negotiations.
- Identification of possible deterioration of credit quality.
- Monitor exposure and manage credit limit exceptions. Adapt to ongoing accounting and regulatory changes that affect credit limits and exposure.
- Portfolio analysis and production of credit reports and outlooks for commercial banks and investment banks located in the Americas. Perform credit outlooks and research on specific issues related to the portfolio of financial institutions. Preparation of credit applications for annual reviews.