Société Generale's credit management department is a part of Global Banking and Advisory (GLBA). GLBA is a worldwide platform with teams across different regions and countries, providing wholesale coverage, product, financing, and advisory expertise to support clients domestically and internationally. GLBA also includes transversal functions such as credit management group (CRE), a Business Management Office (BMO), a Sustainable & Positive Impact Finance Solutions team (ENV), our in-house Incubator (INC) to drive innovation, and human resources team to support the front-office.
Within a team of 14 professionals, you will be responsible for credit analysis and management of a portfolio of client credit relationships in the non-banking financial institution space (private equity funds, financing companies, insurance groups) with a focus on LATAM names. We expect you to have expertise in credit analysis and supporting metrics, and regulatory matters. Product lines encompass derivatives, repos, structured transactions, and lending facilities. Your day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Processing credit requests in a timely manner to meet business deadlines and maintain the annual review cycle.
- Research and analyze financial data on the client to prepare concise assessments in credit applications that address client credit and transaction risk.
- Conduct sector research to support the analysis.
- Exercise strong credit judgment skills when recommending credit facilities, taking into consideration facility size, tenor, and suitability for client.
- Use internal fund rating models to propose counterparty ratings.
- Manage key components of counterparty credit administration such as internal ratings, documentation (ISDA/CSA, MRA, FAA), and risk limits. Establish credit terms for legal documents and follow up with legal department on negotiations.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of client credit quality to identify a possible deterioration of credit quality.
- Monitor exposure and manage credit limit exceptions.
- Adapt to ongoing accounting and regulatory changes that affect credit limits and exposure.
- Coordinate all aspects of a credit request, liaising with relationship managers, business lines, legal staff, and Risk Division.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven working experience as a credit analyst.
- Concise writing that conveys analysis and conclusions without minimal follow-up questions.
- Knowledge of capital markets/traded products and financing facilities.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Teams).
- Fluency in English and proficient in Spanish
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of counterparty credit analysis experience with focus on the non-banking financial institutions (NBFI)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics and/or accounting from an accredited university
Nice to Have:
- CFA designation (or candidate level) is an asset.
- Up to date with accounting, legal and regulatory issues governing relevant sectors.
Due to US Federal Securities law applying to this position, candidates who will apply for this position will be required to submit to an enhanced background screening, including the collection of their fingerprints by a third-party vendor selected by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”).
Why join us
WHAT WE DO DIFFERENTLY AT SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE
Competitive compensation & benefits offering, including but not limited to:
- Minimum of 20 Vacation days + 4 personal days
- Supportive Maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave policy
- Health spending ($2,000/year) and personal spending ($1,000/year) accounts with 75+ eligible reimbursement categories (health, training, electronics etc.)
- Fully sponsored virtual healthcare assistance and Employee Assistance Program to you and your immediate family
- Various Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to engage with such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet, etc.
- A culture of continuous development by encouraging our employees various training programs (online training and coaching platform such as Coursera, GoFluent, Pluralsight, First Finance, and others)
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
Societe Generale is an equal opportunity employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. We are committed to recognizing and promoting the talents and achievements of our employees and staff, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, and any other characteristic or status protected under applicable law. We strive to write our postings as inclusively as possible. If, however, one of the two genders is used alone in this display, it designates persons of all gender identities.