Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in Finance.
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient in Office application.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Team spirit
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Interest in regulatory matters
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Description of the Business Line:
Mission Statement of Wholesale banking Compliance:
“To enhance and maintain a robust compliance framework, in partnership with all stakeholders, to execute the firm’s strategy in accordance with its risk appetite, regulatory expectations and industry best practices”.
In order to achieve its mission statement, Wholesale banking Compliance activities are centred around five key objectives, in support of senior management, business lines and resource functions, where the business lines have first level accountability and responsibility, and where Wholesale banking Compliance’s responsibility is with respect to compliance, reputational and conduct risk matters. These five key objectives are as follows:
• Providing advice and policy development
• Facilitating knowledge and awareness
• Undertaking monitoring and surveillance activities
• Performing risk assessment, review and control activities
• Managing the relations with regulators
Within Wholesale Banking Compliance, Compliance for Corporate Investment Banking (CPLE/CIB) covers GLBA (including MCIB) and activities (Financial crime, conflict of interest management) with teams located in Paris, UK and the EMEA countries.
Within Compliance for Corporate Investment Banking, the Advisory team (CPLE/CIB/ADV), covers GBLA (including MCIB) with teams located in Paris and the UK.
Summary of the key purposes of the role:
- Establish and maintain a constructive, open relationship and dialogue with CIB Compliance Advisors and proactively promote Compliance in front of the business, support functions and other control functions.
- Assist Advisors on assessing key compliance and regulatory risks affecting their respective coverage business area as well as assist in the implementation of appropriate risk management solutions
- Maintain good record keeping mechanisms dedicated to compliance (minutes of meetings/trainings/key decisions/incidents and issues all properly recorded in written form and saved in relevant team folder.
- Contribute towards the timely delivery of team Work Plan Priorities. This will involve prioritizing workload according to competing demands balancing short term priorities against a longer term perspective and managing expectations accordingly.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.