Societe Generale Group’s services in the Middle East include Corporate and Investment Banking and Trade Finance (Securities Services):
For nearly two decades, SG CIB has been committed to supporting the Middle East’s governments, corporates, financial institutions and investors. We deliver worldwide expertise in Investment Banking, Global Finance and Global Markets. At Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking, nearly 12,0001 professionals in more than 37 countries connect entrepreneurs, large corporates, financial institutions, governments and investors with capital markets, and provide financing, investment and risk management solutions. Across Europe, the Middle East & Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific, we are using skill, innovation and global reach to tailor high-end solutions for our clients.
At Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB), you will join the Coverage team, within GLBA “Global Banking & Advisory” division, which is in charge of marketing globally the whole span of the bank’s products to its major clients as a Support Analyst.
Working closely with Relationship Managers (“RMs”) and Senior Bankers in charge of large Corporates, Financial Institutions, Sovereigns and Family Offices clients in the Middle East region, you will provide them with daily commercial support in their client relationship, as well as liaising with SG’s entities (business lines, branches and subsidiaries) for supporting the Bank’s activities on the Client Portfolio. You will also ensure the proper execution of vanilla senior unsecured loans and contribute to the budget exercise, periodical clients’ studies and business reviews.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assisting RMs and Senior Bankers with building the client’s relationship by promoting the whole of products and services offered by SG CIB and the Group (including IB products, Structured Financing, Project Financing, Trade Financing, Cash Management Solutions, Clearing Solutions)
- Assisting RMs, Senior Banker and Business Lines in the origination process through support to pitch preparation and RFP responses
- Preparing Onboarding Memo for new prospects and Pre-Screening Memo for vanilla senior unsecured transactions which includes client data, calculation of profitability, risk-weighted assets consumption and potential business case
- Providing relationship memos on clients: Briefing Memos for Senior Management’s visits and relationship rationale for credit applications
- Reporting and controlling of revenue from/risk of (NBI – Net Banking Income / RWA –Risk-Weighted Assets) the clients, correction of data of the internal reporting systems, and periodical profitability review analysis (Client Budget, Half-Yearly & Yearly Business Reviews, Client Business Case)
- Supervising the implementation of new loan transactions done by Middle Office & the quarterly RWA review of the loans
- Reviewing with the support of internal lawyers the legal documentations (NDAs, Term Sheet, Facility Agreement) in accordance with internal guidelines
- Updating and maintaining the Bank’s internal client database, including initiating creation of new entities with KYC