The individual will be responsible for credit analysis and management of a portfolio of client credit relationships, predominantly in the life insurance industry, with a more modest focus on P&C and reinsurance. Geographic region is predominantly USA, with lesser emphasis on Canada. The candidate should have expertise in the credit analysis and supporting ratios and metrics, insurance accounting, and regulatory matters. Product lines encompass committed lending facilities, structured transactions, OTC and listed derivatives, foreign exchange, and repo. Day to day responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Process credit requests in a timely manner to meet business deadlines and maintain the annual review cycle.
- Research and analyze financial data on the client to prepare high quality analysis in credit applications that address client credit risk and transaction risk.
- Conduct economic and insurance sector research covering North America to support the analysis.
- Exercise strong credit judgment skills when recommending credit facilities, taking into consideration facility size, tenor, and suitability for client.
- Use insurance rating model to propose counterparty ratings.
- Manage key components of counterparty credit administration such as internal ratings, trading documentation (ISDA/CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, FAA), and replacement risk limits. Establish credit terms for legal documents and follow up with legal department on negotiations.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of client credit quality to identify a possible deterioration of credit quality.
- Monitor exposure and manage credit limit exceptions. Adapt to ongoing accounting and regulatory changes that affect credit limits and exposure.
- Coordinate all aspects of a credit request, liaising with FIG relationship managers, business lines, legal staff, and Risk Division.