ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
Degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Science, Statistics, Engineering, Marketing or related topics
• Strong Market and Technical knowledge as well as Execution skills in structure products. Exceptional strong Derivative knowledge required in cross-assets with a broad background ideal derivatives
• Personal skills: strong sales and communication skills, autonomous and pro-active, energetic, results and client driven, strong ethics such as integrity and transparency, strong conduct risk awareness. Able to work under a stressful environment.
• Knowledge required in Macroeconomics & financial markets, cross-asset structure products, EQ, FX & Rates trading conventions.
• A plus would be Mandarin proficiency (both writing and speaking) due to client coverage areas
• Product Technical and Market knowledge: demonstrates a strong knowledge and expertise on marketing structured products to Institutional Investors (notably on EQ, FX, Rates, Commodity and derivative investments). Strong knowledge in financial markets overall and their dynamics (ability to provide client with suitable and relevant market comments and advisory), and keep developing this knowledge through regular training.
• Sales Talent and Efforts: strong sales and communication skills, pro-active and autonomous in marketing existing and new clients, developing close commercial relationships, identifying client needs and originating business opportunities, leading them effectively and timely to deal execution. High results orientation and working capacities, promotes SG capabilities and services, demonstrates continuously a strong ability to grow both the business with existing clients and the client base (always detecting and onboarding new clients, potentially focusing more on most significant clients and business opportunities)
• Market Intelligence: Knows the market, the needs of each client segment, clients transactions and interests as well as behaviour in the market, what competitors do in terms of products and services - Feedback the information to management, and trading to improve capabilities and adequacy of the platform.
• Cooperation: ensure effective team work within the local team but also globally, ensure appropriate back-up but also sharing of relevant information about clients and transactions. Good cooperation with all other departments such as the other sales teams, trading, engineering, research, coverage as well as all the other partners and including especially support functions (MO, BO, compliance, legal, IT etc… - and not mentioned as a problem maker by these various departments)
• Reporting and Transparency: Regular reporting of the activity to management, results/achievements but also impediments/issues and immediately raise internal or external incidents if any. Reports all client meetings to coverage and all necessary parties/stakeholders, input relevant information on client and meeting into iC or any other CMU tools
• Operational risk management and Compliance with internal guidelines: Refers to Sales Handbook and avoid to enter into any discussion or transaction that could lead to a long-term liability for SG. Understand local rules and regulations of his market(s) and complies with all internal guidelines pre- and post-trade (notably but obviously not only such as KYC, credit pre-trade check in Riskweb tool, suitability check and process, appropriate and validated marketing documents by relevant stakeholders including Compliance department, appropriate legal documentation and regulatory requirements, SG internal execution and trading standards, margin policy, CVA and RAROC guideline, timely and appropriate booking of transactions, pre- and final confirmation, appropriate follow-up on SSI, settlements, valuation reports and other reportings if necessary etc...), but also all the other general business guidelines such as gift and entertainment policy, information security guidelines and restrictions versus external or internal communication (especially when dealing with any confidential or private information, Chinese walled transactions, GILT listed deals…) etc… , and always refers/escalate all potential issues/internal or external incidents to management, COO or Compliance
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region
The role sits within the Global Markets Division on the Cross Asset Sales team. Societe Generale is a lead provider for investment solutions, and we are a team that possesses strong expertise in what we do and pride ourselves in having a strong focus on innovation. We value team spirit, excellence, perserverance and tenacity in facing market challenges, in order to be a Tier 1 provider to our clients.