The Risk Management Department contributes to the sustainable growth of the Societe Generale group through its expertise, understanding of risks, and risk management techniques. The department’s mission is to independently analyze, challenge and monitor risk-taking activities with the objective of achieving, together with the first line-of-defense, the best possible outcome for the bank. The department oversees the enterprise, strategic, credit, market, liquidity, operational, model, and other risks of the corporate and investment banking business activities.
- Previous work within Risk Management, Cyber Security and Technology
- Bachelor and/or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant technical field
- Understanding of financial services specifically within risk and regulatory domains
- Strong foundation in information technology and information security principles
- Requires broad and deep understanding of technical security concepts and familiarity with related technologies and infrastructure
- Experience in assessing design and operating effectiveness of technology controls
- Data architectures including reference/master data, transactions/messaging, and unstructured content
- Operational risk framework components including risk event collection, RCSA, process/risk/controls, Issues Management, Scenario Analysis
- Experience leveraging IT risk frameworks such as: COBIT5, COSO, ISO27001, NIST and/or data management frameworks i.e., DCAM/CMM-DMM
- Professional credentials as CGEIT, CRISC CISSP, CISM, etc.
- Expertise in financial regulations
- Hands-on experience with GRC platforms (i.e., Archer), architectures, and tools
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and document remediation
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead by influence
- Interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of US IT Security regulatory requirements and environment in financial services industry a plus (i.e. FFIEC, FIRNA rules, SEC, NIST frameworks)
- French speaking
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
COMPENSATION & SALARY RANGE:
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.