Academic Background and Certifications, Experience
- Fresh graduates only
- A degree with a major and a minor in the following subject is required:
o Data Science
o Mathematics, Statistics or Economics
o Computer Science or Information Systems
- Previous academic knowledge or corporate internship experience is required with:
- The ability to manipulate large dataset from database, data warehouse or data lake (Azure or AWS datalike preferred)
- A good knowledge of scripting languages (must have at least Python)used for data preparation, data analysis purposes or API development.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence solutions (such as MS PowerBI, Tableau, Tibco SpotFire) will be a strong plus
- Implementation of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning algorithms
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset, with an inclination to think out of the box
- Excellent level of written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to make complex ideas easy to understand
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to cooperate
- Self-motivated with a “can do” attitude
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Cooperate
- Technological & Digital Savvy
- Simplification Mindset
Societe Generale* is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, we serve on a daily basis 31 million clients throughout the world. Societe Generale’s teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
Societe Generale in Asia Pacific
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multi-channel financial services at the leading edge of digital innovation;
- International retail banking, insurance and financial services to corporates with a presence in developing economies and leading specialised businesses;
- Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
Societe Generale’s first presence in Asia dates back from the 19th century. Today, we have offices in 12 locations across Asia Pacific.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ close to 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, specialised financial services, trade finance and cash management services.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn @Société Générale or visit our website www.societegenerale.asia.
*as at Feb 2018
Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Bank in Asia is investing in its digital capabilities and data to boost its business development. You will be part of those initiatives under the sponsorship of senior managers of the bank.