Summary of the key purposes of the role
The role of the VIE will be to help the Head and the COO of GLBA/FIG build the Management Information System (MIS) required to support all the missions of the department, using existing Data sources and systems available and developing the tools required to address a number of regulatory and business needs.
Use technical expertise (coding, database management), personal experience of similar projects and potentially knowledge of SocGen’s main databases and IT environment (BDR clients base, SG Markets tools, RIskWeb, etc.) to develop customized solutions for GLBA/FIG
Formalize business requirements in a format understandable by IT analysts
Participate to the management of IT projects addressing the needs of GLBA/FIG
Summary of responsibilities
1. Extract and put together the relevant data: Collect data in different existing databases and gather them in reporting and visualization tools. Link together data and information which are typically not hosted in the same databases (client profitability, information about risk exposure)
2. Develop restitution templates and tools: Format in customization tools like "Tableau" the restitution of the collected data and replace existing Excel Spreadsheet tools (e.g. deal pipeline) with more robust solutions integrated to the MIS
3. Develop smart applications allowing the extraction and formatting of information based on different search criteria (searchable database), data analysis as well as the creation of workflows
4. Help create better quality information by reconciling the data available in different databases and detecting anomalies
5. Contribute to IT projects by providing input regarding GLBA/FIG’s business requirements
6. Liaise with the IT teams in charge of databases and systems in New York, Paris or Bangalore to obtain their technical cooperation as required
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.