Description of the skills/knowledge/expertise required:
- Domain knowledge and prior experience in areas of Risk Management [including Credit Risk], Finance [Liquidity], and Capital Markets Middle Office
- Data management expertise in defining Metadata, Quality and Lineage for critical data elements
- Partner with business and technology to identify data flows and golden sources
- Identify gaps in data flow of manual processes and controls
- Manage collaboration with technology, operations, and other cross-organizational control functions
- Partner with technology to implement improved lineage of critical data elements
Societe Generale’s Regional Data Management Office (RDMO) is a unit that is responsible for Data Management within the Americas, within the guidelines set by the banking regulators. The mandate of the Americas RDMO covers both foundational governance activities as well as data related value creation initiatives.
This division is looking to hire a Data Domain Lead to work along with business partners in Risk Management (RISQ) and Finance (DFIN) as part of the BCBS 239 Roadmap. This person will liaise with Data Domain Owners(DDO) and Data Stewards(DS) to escalate priority Data Quality Issues. They will educate the DDO/DS in new roles and responsibilities involving:
- Assessing and identifying CDEs
- Documenting accurate business metadata, assessing data quality, data lineage and controls, remediation efforts
- Participate in business data modeling and implementing reporting best practices.
- Interface with the Data Governance & Standards Officer for updates to standards, policy and procedures.
- Manage collaboration with technology, operations, and other cross-organizational control functions.
- On-board the Data Domain on the data management tool stack and track progress
- Form and contribute to a global working group to implement the data management program.
The Data Domain Lead for these functional areas will interact with the America’s Chief Risk Offier and Chief Finance Officer to ensure priorities are aligned, Data Management Strategy implemented and progress per plan is communicated. Additionally there is a strong link to the technology partners that support these functional areas which requires collaboration.