The Data Loss Prevention Specialist for Société Générale is responsible for the delivery of DLP missions in the Americas region to ensure security controls are functioning both effectively and efficiently. This position requires hands-on engagement as a security analysis and demands strong collaboration with global contributors at all levels of the organization. The role also requires the candidate to manage all aspects of their projects, lead contributors from globally distributed teams, and to regularly communicate updates to senior management.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of DLP principles, security best practices (e.g. NIST, ISO), and key regulations applicable to a global financial services organization (e.g. NYDFS 500, GDPR).
Essential competencies include highly proactive and autonomous engagement, strong communication capabilities at all levels of the organization, and ability to influence without authority at both the regional and global level.
As a key member of the global Data & Cyber Security DLP team, the candidate will be involved in all facets of security controls planning, implementation, and operations. Key responsibilities include:
- Management and operational execution and of DLP controls supporting the Americas region
- Perform policy, process, and data analysis to assess requirements and identify control gaps
- Define and implement solutions to align controls with defined risk tolerances
- Independently develop project plans and drive transformational initiatives through delivery
- Ensure solutions are strategically aligned, regulatorily compliant, sustainable, and make efficient use of organizational resources
- Propose and secure support for both tactical and strategic risk mitigation recommendations
- Lead coalition of project contributors from the global infrastructure, IT, and business teams
- Provide continuous project status updates to sponsors, stakeholders, and senior management
- Collaborate with DCS GRC, risk team, and auditors/regulators in risk assessment and mitigation
- Establish and maintain strong levels of trust with both regional and global partners