During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities:
As Data Analyst, within the IGAD Asia Hub located in Hong Kong, your main responsibilities will be to
Contribute to Audit missions as the data expert
Educate and Support Auditors throughout Asia
- As the data expert, fully integrated to an audit team, your main objectives will be to:
- Obtain a good understanding of the business and operational processes and the problem statement from auditors as well as from business and operational staff.
- Refine this problem statement with a data angle to define the key questions to be answered, and identify the relevant data sources and experts to help you.
- Liaise with our Data Extraction team or collect the data directly from the IT team for the data collection in compliance with information security and data protection policies.
- Manage the iterative data analysis process from data preparation, through the analysis itself and up to the documentation of the analysis and presentation of your conclusions.
- Support the audit team to help them do simple analysis and handle more advanced techniques and tools on data visualization, statistics, machine learning, etc.
As the data champion for the entire IGAD Asia team your role will be to:
Contribute to the Data Analytics community and to the effort on R&D
- Animate the data analytics community in Asia, and in particular,
- Train auditors on basic data analysis tools and techniques,
- Support auditors on simple requests and questions,
- Host knowledge sharing sessions to communicate on data analytics use cases.
As a member of the Global IGAD data analytics communiyt:
- Regularly synchronize with other Data Analysts & Scientists from the Paris Data Lab and from other locations to share and develop knowledge on tools and methodologies
- Coordinate with IGAD IT Team to develop IGAD’s data science platform as well as the offer in the data analytics tools provided to auditors
- Contribute to the technology watch on Data Science topics and to transversal projects
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Hong Kong is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.