Must have experience with the following:
- RDBMS Administration ( Oracle / MS SQL / UDB DB2 / Informix )
- Recovery Manager (RMAN), SQL loader and Data Pump
- Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Data Guard
- Database Migrations, Patching, Upgradation and Partitioning of Tables
- System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Database Performance Tuning using Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) and Stats Pack
- Shell scripting and using KShell, Bourne Shell, Power Shell
- Logical Backup and Recovery using Data Pump, Export/Import
- Space, Undo, and User Management
- Managing Redo and Archive log files
- Net Configuration (Listener and TNSNames)
- Advanced Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Good knowledge of RDBMS Architecture concepts"
"- Experience in banking domain
- Trouble shooting database issues
- Understanding of Change Management
- Strong oral and written communication skills"
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generale’s diverse portfolio. We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Group’s entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages. Women comprise 25% of our workforce.