Eliot is the Equity deal processing application at GBIS for all equity trading activities (deal booking, front office position, product definition for Equity Listed & OTC products, regulatory report, etc.) worldwide. Eliot components are based on the Eliot Database. It’s one of the biggest Sybase databases in Europe with 1668 GB of data, 1 249 tables, 7 073 procedures… using Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ and Sybase replication server. The application is used worldwide and critical for the business.
What you will do:
• Act as the main contact for database expertise (contact infrastructure teams and development teams);
• Working with Continuous Delivery and Agile methodologies;
• Maintain responsibility for analysis of Sybase and SQL code;
• Tune queries, write Stored Procedures, perform indexing and other database elements;
• Database design, coding, testing, debugging;
• Working through business requirements and designs with IT partners;
• Review and enhance existing Sybase/SQL code to improve performance;
• Plan/design database changes related to data conversion, tool configuration;
• Plan data refresh, migration, other initiatives related to large development projects;
• Troubleshoot and resolve production problems involving databases;
• Document incident patterns and solutions/workarounds to solve them;
• Continuously improve and automate the database monitoring and alerting;
• Participate to the non-business hour needs (DR, Infrastructure Weekend, Production constraints).
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.