- Admitted to Japanese Bar (admission in a common law jurisdiction is a plus)
- Approximately 6-9 years’ experience as a finance lawyer, ideally with previous in-house bank experience following private practice qualification
- Japanese language (both written and spoken) is essential
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a command of spoken and written English
- Creativity, team spirit and commitment
- Initiative and the ability to work independently, while respecting reporting procedures
- Analytical skills, and the ability to apply legal analysis to different fact patterns and in a cross-border context
- Ability to manage complex product across a number of jurisdictions
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn and achieve
- Commercially focused/problem solver
- Able to manage time and juggle competing priorities
- Discipline and professionalism: strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills; the ability to work under time pressure and manage deadlines
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Today, Societe Generale in Japan consists of four core businesses: Societe Generale, Tokyo Branch; Societe Generale Securities Japan Limited, Societe Generale Haussmann Japan Limited and Societe Generale Aircraft Leasing Company Limited. These four entities are in line with our worldwide focus on Investment Banking, Global Finance and Global Markets, and Asset Management.