Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) acts as a business solution center for Societe Generale, one of the largest European financial groups. If you are looking for a great career opportunity within the IT world, then you are in the right place.
Our IT Filiere has over 800 IT professionals, delivering services on four perimeters: Retail Banking, Security and Infrastructure, Internal Support Applications and Investment Banking. And our team is ready to expand and find new awesome colleagues to embark on this journey.
We want to provide you a meaningful career where you feel authentic and love your job. Day after day. Your tasks will be diverse but will have one thing in common: they will be useful to the community – on local levels and even global scales. Join us in shaping the world of tomorrow. The Future is You!
Eliot and Eliot Next applications scope is the Equity Trade Capture management (All the life cycle of a deal with a stock underlying). The application is worldwide with some feature team localize in Paris, Bucharest, Bangalore, Hong-Kong, and Montreal.
You will join the Eliot TRUNK team, composed of 6 DevOps and 1 release manager, in charge of all the release deployment, infrastructure management, technical component management (Kafka, ELK, Consul), and non-production environment support for the all-Eliot feature team.
You will also work in a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) on Eliot Next initiative, an ambitious project aimed to modernize current workflows and improve current CI/CD practices by leveraging newest technologies with Elliot expertise.
Specifically, you will be required to:
- Lead and manage transformation project on technical component and infrastructure.
- Able to work in a fast-paced Agile environment, collaborate with remote engineering teams
- Enhance deployment processes to address rehearsal & production, including emergency releases
- Environment & refresh monitoring, incident resolution and troubleshooting
- Investigation of non-production incidents and escalation to development team, if necessary
- Continuously improve and automate the environment monitoring and alerting
- Develop and maintain the tools necessary to manage the environments
- Documenting incident patterns and work within a team to find solutions/workarounds to address them
- Setup the monitoring tools in coordination with the development team and others technical experts
- Co-working with the development team to automate & secure the deployment in production
- Participate to the non-business hour needs (DR, Infrastructure Weekend, Production constraints)
- Good understanding of Linux is required
- At least a few years of experience working as a DevOps
- Curiosity and patience to investigate complex issues
- Client-driven approach & service oriented
- Good communication skills & ability to summarize key messages
- Knowledge of some of our tooling: Bash, Python, Elastic Search & Kibana, Apache Ignite, GIT, Jenkins, Groovy, VMs, Private Cloud and others
- To be able to challenge the solution provided by the development team
- Be able to challenge the technical/infrastructure patches delivered by infrastructure team
Nice to have:
- Some experience with SQL
- Some understanding of Java, Sybase 16 is appreciated
Why join us
SG GSC is a Great Place to Work® certified company. Here, you will find a flexible workplace and culture, autonomy, constant learning opportunities, dynamism, and talented people, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
Plus, you will enjoy all our benefits
- competitive compensation & remuneration, including annual performance bonus;
- preventive healthcare plan, and group health & life insurance;
- wide range of flexible benefits within a monthly budget;
- office perks, wellbeing and mental health programs;
- various social benefits and bonuses for personal or family events;
- 9-to-5 workday & work-from-home options with enablement bonus at onboarding;
- additional paid and unpaid time off, including Sabbatical leave;
- learning and growth opportunities based on individual development and career plans;
- unlimited access to various eLearning resources.
We are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious. Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years, or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating, and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful daily and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organization, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.