Academic Background and Certifications, Experience:
Able to work in Java and C#
- RESTful API
- Hadoop running in Azure HDInsight (Spark, Hive, Oozie, HBase, Zookeeper)
- Orchestration and production infrastructure using docker EE or AKS
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD is a plus
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
Proven years in Big data development or solid knowledge in Java or C# development, plus one or more of the following:
- An ability to clearly communicate technical concepts, including presenting
- Ability to design and implement architectures (within Azure public cloud is a plus)
- Experience with big data technologies such as Apache Spark or Kafka
- Hands-on experience with Java or C# development, RESTful API (Swagger)
- Previous experience in Agile, continuous delivery (Jenkins, Team City)
- Good Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline
- Collaborative attitude, willingness to work with team members; able to coach, participate in code reviews, share skills and methods
- Provide advice and guidance to developers on quality control processes and standards
- Knowledge of Docker or AKS is a plus
Keeps things simple and clear to understand
Other behavioral skills
- Ability to interpre a set of technical requirements and develop robust solutions
- Good understand of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in working with cross border team
- Welcome and embrace changes and enjoy delivering working solutions
- Prefer trial/error and quick iteration (weeks) over following a 6 months plan
- Prefer direct communication (face-to-face when possible)
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed – and continue to develop – advanced programmes to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development programme, a Junior programme for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
The bank is growing its technology capacity to support transversal functions within SG Markets components. Architecture team within GBSU/ARC/ASI need to reinforce to create and support components used by the whole bank. With ARC/LAB department you will work on several innovative components used by thousands of users.
This team has mandate to explore all pertinent solutions and collaborate with subject matter experts in the departments they are supporting, and deliver strategic value for the bank in quick iterations.
This is a great opportunity for technical expert passionate about IT technologies who want to make an impact both locally and globally within the Bank. We are looking for a technical expert with Agile developer background who are curious to understand and challenge processes, propose creative solutions, know or want to learn technical IT architecture.