If you're into the following challenges: digital, energy transition, diversity/inclusion and you would like to get involved in building the future, you’ve come to the right place. We are looking for team players, invested people who are able to bring ideas and express their opinions.
Are you looking for a stable company offering international opportunities?
o Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Active in the real economy for over 150 years, Societe Generale employs over 138,000 members of staff in 62 countries and supports daily 29 million clients.
A strong cultural mix thanks to a well-established French company in the Americas:
o Societe Generale opened its first office in the United States in 1938 and in Canada in 1974 and has about 2,500 professionals working in 8 U.S. cities, 3 in Canada as well as in Latin America.
A pillar in the economy which is building the tomorrow’s world:
o Societe Generale is not just a financial institution, it is a group that places innovation and sustainable financial practices at the very heart of its culture. The Societe Generale group has made the digital sector a key lever in transforming banking relationships. The 2019 edition of the eCAC40 Trophies ranks Societe Generale at the top rank of the banks that have best evolved in the digital world!
An opportunity to express yourself and get involved:
o Our employees resource groups such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet demonstrate the involvement of our employees for their community.
Did you know? Societe Generale remains open as an essential service during Covid-19! We have adopted a gradual process of reopening our offices, placing flexibility and health of our employees at the top of our priorities.
The Information Technology Department (“ITEC”) has worldwide responsibility for supplying Global Banking and Investor Solutions (“GBIS”) various divisions with all the IT resources necessary for them to function under competitive conditions in terms of technological standards, service quality and cost. ITEC is composed of talented professionals who every day translates ideas into action by combining the strength of our expertise in IT with a deep understanding of investment banking. Our teams are ensuring that we deliver the service our businesses need to compete and serve Société Générale's clients. Our objective is to deliver great production services in a well-controlled, high quality and cost effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise. ITEC is responsible for facilitating entry to new markets, compliance with regulatory needs, growth in business volumes, and operational efficiency improvements in our overall front to back processing environment.
· Responsible for applications used by traders, sales and middle office on the trading floor.
· Responsibility includes software releases, configuration and support of all production system components and infrastructure.
· Support, develop and maintain software applications, build systems, own related processes and deliver frequent releases with high quality.
· Troubleshoot technical or functional issues in a complex financial environment to provide timely resolution, with various applications and platforms that are global.
· Develop applications to automate manual operational tasks as well as build custom real-time monitoring tools and reports.
· Partner with global development and application support teams in New York, Chicago, Montreal, Paris, Sydney, London, Bangalore and Hong Kong. Work in follow-the-sun model.
· Extensive interaction is expected with traders, sales, supports and quants.
· Gaining in-depth exposure to both the business and technology aspects of equity & derivatives business.
· Bring a passion to stay on top of DevOps trends, experiment with and learn new CD technologies.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.