Skills and Qualifications:
· Understanding of data management and data protection principles applicable to the financial services sector (knowledge of the U.S. and Canada legal and regulatory environment, and rulemaking processes in these areas being a plus)
· Ability to understand and communicate with subject matters experts and stakeholders with respect to data protection, and other U.S. and Canada legal and regulatory topics
· Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
· Great attention to detail
· Capable of handling multiple ad-hoc requests.
· Demonstrated history of taking initiative
· Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment
· Analytical capability: Able to break down complex problems into simple manageable units, develop solutions for each unit, and integrate them back into the whole. Can absorb ideas quickly and apply then pragmatically
· Results oriented: setting goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results
· Strong interpersonal effectiveness: is aware of own behavior and work style, as well as tolerant of different needs and viewpoints. Demonstrates interest in others’ opinions and shows consideration, concern and respect for other people’s feelings
· Communication Skills: excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels within the organization and be able to relay complex technical concept to non-technical audience
· Leadership: create an inspiring vision, set direction and motivate others to follow that direction and reach that vision
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
· Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Experience working with GRC systems
· Excellent writing skills
· Securities licenses a plus
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Languages):
· Bachelors Degree
· JD or other advanced degree a plus
· 7+ years experience in Financial Services or related industry
Language(s): French, English
Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, is a requirement as the person in this position will need to collaborate regularly with colleagues and partners in the United States.
Due to US Federal Securities law applying to this position, candidates who will apply for this position will be required to submit to an enhanced background screening, including the collection of their fingerprints by a third-party vendor selected by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”).
Why join us
WHAT WE DO DIFFERENTLY AT SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE
Competitive compensation & benefits offering, including but not limited to:
- Minimum of 20 Vacation days + 4 personal days
- Supportive Maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave policy
- Health spending ($2,000/year) and personal spending ($1,000/year) accounts with 75+ eligible reimbursement categories (health, training, electronics etc.)
- Fully sponsored virtual healthcare assistance and Employee Assistance Program to you and your immediate family
- Various Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to engage with such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet, etc.
- A culture of continuous development by encouraging our employees various training programs (online training and coaching platform such as Coursera, GoFluent, Pluralsight, First Finance, and others)
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.