Primary tasks include but are not limited to the following. While production for most of these tasks is off-shore, the team is responsible for oversight and management of the off-shore staff, and for the resolution of any issues, and the final product.
Monthly certification of accounting aggregates (under French Gaap and IFRS)
• Consistency of the Economic and Accounting results
• Analytical review of Results and Balance Sheet variances, under Business, Products and Legal Entities axes
• Pinpoint anomalies, risks areas and implementation of ad-hoc action plans
Continuous improvement of accounting/management accounting reconciliation
• Work transversally across the different Finance, IT and Operations teams to assist in reconciling various control related issues. Mainly flows between sub-systems and the General Ledger.
• Identify root causes of different control break issues & partner with Finance, IT and Operations teams business partners to put remedial solutions in place.
• Represent the team as a subject matter expert on projects and initiatives.
• Clearing of variances between accounting data and management accounting data
• Organization of priorities in analyses and remediation of anomalies; Suggestion of action plans
• Optimization of all processes towards continuous improvements in reliability and timeliness
Monitoring of Major accounting aggregates
• Monitoring and supervision of the economic v. accounting results control framework
• Consolidation of data and distribution of monthly reports to Management and External auditors
• Participation or supervision of Closing periods according to SG’s governance.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
• Strong working knowledge of diverse Capital Markets products.
• Experience with reconciliations within a banking or financial institution.
• Accounting skills: reliability of accounting results; Control of transactional banking accounting
• Regulatory knowledge: Accounting, normative and prudential
• Understanding of risks and valuation: calculation of variances resulting from valuation methods
• Financial products: analysis of differences in results between Economic and Accounting norms; Understanding of the impacts of financial products lifecycle (and business line specifics)
• Knowledge and understanding of accounting processes: upstream issues identification/remediation; front/back/accounting processes optimization
• English: required for interaction with NY and off-shore teams
• IT/Office: Superior Excel skills, Common Word and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to pinpoint root cause issues & implement both tactical and strategic solutions.
• Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written).
• Good documentation skills.
• Strong organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills.
• Experience working with strict deadlines (i.e. month-end close process).
Prior Work Experience
Recruiting for various levels of seniority: 1 to 10 years of relevant industry experience, specifically related to Accounting & Controls and reconciliations.
BA --- Accounting, Finance or equivalent industry experience.
The Finance Department of Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS), is a global organization with local presence, providing the same set of services through global and efficient processes and consistent norms, leveraging on production hubs. Our Core Missions are: Quality and timeliness of GBIS financial statements; Assisting GBIS management and all Business Lines in their steering with actionable reports on financial performance and forecasts; Independent certification of all financial aggregates; Financial communication and constant benchmarking; Providing expertise on accounting, prudential and tax norms and ensuring compliance vis-a-vis these norms.
The Accounting (DFIN/MAR/ACC) group mainly supports the MARK business lines for GBIS. The group is accountable for the independent production and certification of the accounting quality for Profit & Loss (P&L) and Balance Sheet on a daily and monthly basis. Specifically, the P&L certification (PSL) team is in a charge of the reconciliations between Accounting and Economic/Management results, the analytical review of the Business lines results and associated trends and owns the framework of controls and certification of the results.