Primary tasks include but are not limited to the following. While production for most of these tasks is off-shore, the team is responsible for oversight and management of the off-shore staff, and for the resolution of any issues, and the final product.
Monthly certification of accounting aggregates (under French Gaap and IFRS)
• Consistency of the Economic and Accounting results
• Analytical review of Results and Balance Sheet variances, under Business, Products and Legal Entities axes
• Pinpoint anomalies, risks areas and implementation of ad-hoc action plans
Continuous improvement of accounting/management accounting reconciliation
• Work transversally across the different Finance, IT and Operations teams to assist in reconciling various control related issues. Mainly flows between sub-systems and the General Ledger.
• Identify root causes of different control break issues & partner with Finance, IT and Operations teams business partners to put remedial solutions in place.
• Represent the team as a subject matter expert on projects and initiatives.
• Clearing of variances between accounting data and management accounting data
• Organization of priorities in analyses and remediation of anomalies; Suggestion of action plans
• Optimization of all processes towards continuous improvements in reliability and timeliness
Monitoring of Major accounting aggregates
• Monitoring and supervision of the economic v. accounting results control framework
• Consolidation of data and distribution of monthly reports to Management and External auditors
• Participation or supervision of Closing periods according to SG’s governance.