• Knowledge of cross border legal, accounting and regulatory issues;
• Previous experience of working in-house in either an investment bank or other relevant financial services environment, including experience in working with different internal departments and functions and ability to work on the trading floor;
• Demonstrable ability to deal with work promptly, accurately and in conformity with the internal guidelines of the Corporate and Investment Banking Division;
• A proven ability to exercise prudent commercial judgement while managing legal risk.
• Understand/learn the financial, legal, regulatory and fiscal problems relating to the structuring and sale of structured products;
• Have or is able to complete a good knowledge of the different asset class products (credit, fixed income, forex, equities, commodities, indices…) and structures/wrappers commonly used (e.g. SPVs, OTCs, funds …);
• Proven analytical, computer and interpersonal skills as well as exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills are required;
• Flexible, organized and pragmatic, you have excellent analytical skills and a creative and curious mind. Learn fast different subjects for which you may not be a specialist. Your relationship skills and your team spirit will be major assets in a demanding international environment.
• You have the ability to lead, conduct and deliver transactions and projects from definitions to final launch leading and collaborating with other department of the banks. You have interfaced with clients to finalize trades.
• You have the ability to design and successfully implement solutions targeted to certain class of clients (insurer, banks, funds in particular) having regards to their internal requirements (regulatory, accounting, operational, as relevant), while ensuring that these are scalable and repeatable.
• You have the ability to organize and scale up new transactions into repeat business.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA
MARK/SPS is the financial engineering team driving financial engineering activities across the market activities (product pricing, trade ideas, product structuring and delivery, advisory and product marketing) across all products, but more specifically, servicing the X-asset sales, focusing on structured product distribution, non- flow institution solutions and structured corporate solutions. Our financial engineering expertise is highly successful and globally recognized.
Four type of expertise to remain at the forefront of innovation to serve our different clients (Distribution, FI, Corporates). :
- A Pricing & Development Group to CREATE innovative solutions & investment strategies,
- A Cross Structuring Group to BUILD the most efficient issuance and execution framework for clients,
- A Product Marketing team to EXPLAIN and broadcast product expertise.
- A Flow Strategy & Solutions Group to INFLUENCE the market with efficient trade ideas generation,
- A ESG team to create and push ESG Investment or hedging solutions for our clients