Director - Trade Receivables Securitization
Base Salary Range: [$167,000 - $380,000]
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.
The ABP/CSF/TAF department provides SGAS’ corporate clients with asset backed solutions through the use of trade receivables securitization techniques with a focus on:
- Funding solutions;
- IFRS and US GAAP off balance sheet solutions; and
- ABCP and ABS transactions (publicly or privately placed).
As Head of Corporate securitization for the Americas at SG, she/he will utilize her/his independent discretion and decision-making authority to be responsible for these duties:
- Develop and lead commercial pitches for US clients. She/he will directly and autonomously, represent SG in front of clients, develops and presents pitch materials and trade ideas, interacts with them, offers the best available product and proposes adequate terms and conditions.
- Manage transaction analysis, structuring and potential distribution. She/he is tasked with determining and structuring the most relevant securitization product for the client. She/he is particularly responsible for developing business through the identification of suitable clients and proposing financing structures that are compliant with SG credit policy and adapted to the client’s requirements. She/he has full autonomy to present his recommendation and the proposed transaction to the head of Conduit team in Chicago and the Head of Trade Receivables securitization in Paris.
- Continual commercial and operational management of existing transactions (notably review of portfolio performance and risks, credit process and renewals, triggers management, etc.). She/he is tasked with managing in full independence the transaction’s ongoing renewal process. For instance, she/he is authorized to negotiate with the client directly, restructure a transaction whenever deemed necessary, to waive certain transaction events and to renew the operation subject to SG’s risk team validation.
- Lead business development and origination. She/he has the necessary authority granted by her/his direct management to propose and develop alternative business ideas and identify and pursue business with suitable clients.
- Oversee credit application drafting. She/he is directly responsible for obtaining internal validation of any credit application and also responsible for presenting any transaction to ABP/CSF/DIR and SG’s risk management.
- Lead the preparation and review of marketing materials in connection with transactions (whenever publicly or privately placed). She/he directly and autonomously interacts with client, offers the best available product and proposes adequate terms and conditions.
- Operational supervision of more junior team members. She/he is directly responsible for junior staff based in New York and indirectly for a pool of junior staff based in Paris. As part of his managerial function, she/he determines the day-to-day tasks the staff must perform, reviews the work performed, assesses their on-going performance and trains them on products and processes.
- Oversee portfolio data analysis for the benefit of SG, rating agencies and/or investors. She/he is directly responsible for all portfolio data analysis, eventually assisted by junior staff.
- Manage the interaction with a- its direct management in Chicago and Paris, b- internal and external legal personnel on transaction documentation and negotiates such documentation directly with the client and c- other business lines, subsidiaries and support functions.
In the management of this key function at SGAS, the Candidate will continue to exercise a broad range of discretion in carrying out the role. The Candidate will continue to be responsible for ensuring that all corporate goals are met and for implementing solutions to problems that fall within the normal business routine. He will also continue to oversee procedures and standards to ensure compliance with SGAS’s internal control practices.
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
Societe Generale is an equal opportunity employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. We are committed to recognizing and promoting the talents and achievements of our employees and staff, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, and any other characteristic or status protected under applicable law.