This role will focus on leveraging DE&I best practices to help us achieve our strategic DE&I goals and power Société Générale’s success by ensuring we have a strong culture of belonging — one that fosters an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for everyone to thrive and be their authentic selves.
In collaboration with the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer of Americas and the Talent and Diversity Team, the DE&I Manager will develop, foster and support strategic initiatives and programs focused on the recruitment, development, advancement and retention of diverse talent across SG Americas. The DE&I Manager will also provide thought-leadership, guidance and consultation to HR partners, business leaders, managers, and employees in the Americas and embed best practices and innovative ideas to address the unique challenges in the region.
- Partner with business units, leadership, and diversity councils to provide advice, guidance and strategies that drive diversity and inclusion outcomes for business unit across geographic regions
- Develop and manage D&I programs and events ensuring alignment with Americas D&I strategy; develop tracking strategies to monitor and evaluate impact and ROI of programs; (i.e. firm-wide events, leader roundtables, internal D&I assessments, ERG leadership events) develop dashboards and reports on program effectiveness to make recommendations for program enhancement and improvement
- Integrate diversity, equity and inclusion across all businesses and into our people processes to create and track tailored initiatives and solutions; collaborating closely with business line EXCO leaders and HR Business Partners, including:
- Talent Development to identify opportunities for retention, development and advancement of underrepresented Talent and embed DE&I leadership programming
- Talent Acquisition to increase diversity partnerships and recruitment of underrepresented Talent
- Human Resources Business Partners to provide subject matter expertise and support to all business units, corporate functional areas and/or country specific needs
- Build an operating model and framework to support the future development of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) while provide regional oversight and ongoing support including the production of annual business plans, related programming/events, budgets and reporting on impact
- Conduct on-going qualitative research both internally and externally on demographic trends; using insights to drive recommendations on best practices, identifying and recommending strategies for enhancing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts
- Identify and build relationships with external partners, including thought leaders and peer organizations, that deliver impact and support our diversity and inclusion strategies for underrepresented groups
- Identify, evaluate, and maintain relationships with external networks, partnerships and international organizations (industry, non-profit, and university groups) that align with our strategic enterprise inclusion and diversity goals
- Support other areas of the organization that seek to implement diversity programs and offerings, such as supplier diversity, additional employee benefits, and a cultural recognition calendar
- Work with external partners to design and execute supplemental, specialized development programs for underrepresented groups
- Partner collaboratively with People team members on L&D, inclusion advocacy and related initiatives throughout the employee lifecycle that enhance the employee experience and attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce
- Other duties as assigned, including some administrative tasks in coordination of meetings and events.