Competencies and Experience
- Highly collaborative – an open individual who can work successfully with multi-disciplinary, multi-national teams
- High-achiever driven to exceed expectations, with the highest personal standards in regards to integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships within a large organization and willingness to be team player
- Must be quick in analyzing the client needs, risk for the bank and available liquidity to extract value from client flows
- Good communication skills with sales and other trading desks to be able identify revenue-generating opportunities
- Good communication with internal traders in NY and in other offices to maximize team productivity
- Strong analytical skills and good understanding of mathematics and yield curve models
- Solid market knowledge of USD rates and macroeconomics
- Strong technical skill, comfort with coding, and proven ability to translate trading concepts into IT-friendly language to help facilitate projects
- 5-7 years of experience trading in a global bank
- Bachelor's degree in Financial Engineering, Finance, Economics, Physics, a related field or the equivalent thereof.
Employee Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Price and manage USD Swaps desk flows in disciplined manner using cash bonds, futures and swaps to hedge
- Liaise and communicate with sales teams to produce and present trade ideas
- Compete effectively on all e-trading platforms to maintain hit ratios and market share
- Work with algorithmic trading team and IT to enhance our e-trading footprint and capabilities
- Provide timely commentary/analysis on events affecting the rates market
- Collaborate with quantitative developers to develop trading tools and systems to help SG become more efficient in pricing and managing risk
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis to create trusted relationships and increased market share
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Within Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking, the Global Markets Division brings together the Research, Investment and Risk Management Solutions, Execution, Prime Services, Equities, Fixed Income, Futures and Currencies & Commodities structuring capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team. The Global Markets platform committed to long-term client relationships through value added services and smart solutions. The business uses an advisory and innovation mindset, focused on client needs, with the world leading financial markets engineering team. Global Markets is a leading player in derivatives, unrivaled equity derivatives expertise and #1 in listed derivatives, cross-asset and economic research. Our prime services' offering is a unique combination of execution, clearing, custody and financing services.