Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required:
- Minimum of 2 years in an equity trading or sales role at an Investment Bank, on the High Touch, Program Trading or Electronic desk.
- Knowledge of trading Asian markets and market microstructure, including core fundamentals of algo-trading.
- Understanding of client relationships within the Asian Equities community, Institutional Asset Managers and hedge Funds.
- Good understanding of equities trading, algorithmic trading, micro-structure, transaction cost analysis, and associated trading parameters.
- Basic knowledge of listed derivatives and synthetic equity products would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of global equity markets.
- Strong relationship, communication & organizational skills.
- Hold a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or similar.
- Industry qualifications, including appropriate licenses to trade in Regional Equity Markets (as required).
- Fluent in spoken and written English is mandatory. Fluency Cantonese and Mandarin would be additive.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.