- Conduct or support investigation of potential breach of Employment related policies, including but not limited to conducting interviews, taking investigation minutes, writing investigation report, conduct surveillance, etc according to the Disciplinary Management policies and other related policies
- Review and enhance Employee Relations related policies, including but not limited to APAC Disciplinary Managment Policy, and all related policies in Hong Kong (or in the countries if relevant). Conduct ongoing trainings to APAC HR, managers and employees as appropriate.
- Advise and provide guidance to APAC HR team on complicated employee relations cases (e.g. employees disputes, greivances, whistle blowing, performance issues, etc)
- Work with Regional Head, Employee Relations, Conduct & Culture Correspondent, APAC HR team as well as counterparts in SG Group to implement education, policies, or initiatives in combating inappropriate behaviours within ASIA BU
- Provide advice to country HR relay on global reporting of disciplinary sanctions and ensure APAC reports are correct.
- Lead or implement any Conduct and Culture initiatives within the employee relations remit.
- Supervise, develop and train a support staff in the APAC Employee Relations team
- University Degree of Human Resources, Law or other related discipline
- Able to travel for business is required
- At least 8 years of working experience in Human Resources and/or Employee Relations roles
- Fluent spoken English with excellent writing skills is essential
- Intensive knowledge of employment related legislation in Hong Kong (other locations within Asia Pacific is an advantage)
- Strong analytical skill with attention to details
- Ability to organize multiple tasks within tight timeline
- A good team player with excellent communication skills
- Responsibility - Accountability: I make decisions in my scope of responsibilities
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Team Spirit - Conflict Management: I deal with conflicts proactively and in a positive mode
- Commitment - Exemplarity: I embody the Group’s values
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Employee Relations function within HR Department is responsible for providing advice to HR team and managers on any employee relations matters, including but not limited to disciplinary management, or any concerns relating to employment related regulations with an objective to enhance the Conduct & Culture environment within the bank and ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulations. Depending on the complication of the cases, the team will also conduct, or support investigation in relation to Employment Related/HR policies. The team will be required to develop and/or conduct training to various stakeholders, including HR team, senior managment, and line managers.
The successful candidate reports to the Regional Head of Employee Relations & Regional COO. We are recruiting at Vice President level, candidates with more experience would be considered at Director level.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 23000567
- Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
- Starting date: 2023/05/31
- Publication date: 2023/02/22