During your VIE mission you will be asked to contribute to :
1. Committee preparation (Enterprise Risk Committee, US Risk Committee and US Risk Committee of the Board)
- Work with the ERM team, supporting the Chief Risk Officer in assessing and supervising all key risks functions in the Americas
- Liaise with the stakeholders to get timely and accurate contributions (assessment of risk profile, business environment, Risk management effectiveness, emerging risks etc.)
- Support the team in producing aggregate risk analysis report
- Review key risk metrics, including breaches of limits and thresholds, and provide in depth analysis of any material events potentially impacting the firm; consolidate metrics and breaches; contribute to MIS report for Senior Management;
- Provide all the committee documentation and help with the logistics (agenda, deck, minutes, follow up, ad-hoc analyses)
- Update or document the team’s guidelines and procedures
- Assist in automation of repeatable & sustainable data collection process
2. Risk Appetite Statement
- Support the team in the 2019 Risk Appetite Statement renewal (meetings with stakeholders, update of the risk metrics, review of the BL’s strategy etc), defining SG’s risk appetite in the U.S., Canada and Brazil
- Cross fertilize with the different departments of the bank to improve the overall risk assessment and monitoring processes
- Gain knowledge of the different business lines strategies and activities
- Define and implement a control framework for the RAS metrics
3. New Product Committee (NPC)
- Support the team in assessing activities submitted to the New Product Committee, Market Access Committee, Algorithm Committee and Living Product Review Committee
- Interact with the business lines to prepare the different committees and follow-up conditions determined by the risk functions
4. Tasks related to integration of risks with ERM, including risk identification and stress testing
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in New York is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
Graduate from Engineering school, Business School or University with a master degree in Finance.
You ideally have a previous experience in Risk Management, Financial Control Systems or Operations in a Capital Markets context. Product experience in Fixed income and FX areas of Capital Markets is a plus.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient with MS Office and VBA.
A minimum 12-months certified full-time experience is required in order to be eligible for the 18-month visa.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities.
At Société Générale, the RISQ Division's mission is to contribute to the development of the SG Group's activity by facilitating the objectives of the Business Lines while maintaining independent oversight through risk evaluation and monitoring. The Risk department is responsible for contributing to the development of Société Générale’s business and profitability by defining the Group’s appetite for risk, in liaison with the Finance department and the core businesses. They are also responsible for implementing the system used to control and monitor risks. The RISQ Division in the US supports all the activities in the Americas Region (US, Canada and Latin America), which are almost exclusively SGCIB-oriented.
Societe Generale US (“SGUS”)’ Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) department oversees the identification, assessment and monitoring of all risk types across SGUS, and reports to the region’s Chief Risk Officer. ERM encompasses Risk Appetite and Reporting (RAR), Risk Identification and Assessment (RIA), Stress Testing (STT) and Governance (GOV). As VIE, you will be fully integrated in ERM department and support the ERM team in the implementation of an efficient system for risk analysis, measurement, monitoring, and reporting across all risk types (Credit, Market, Liquidity, Model, Operational, Compliance, Legal, Strategic and Reputational Risks)