SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge in risk management concepts and measurement techniques.
- Understanding of key activities linked to a financial institution operating a large capital markets activity, inclusive of trading portfolios and lending activities in the Americas.
- Quantitative and technical skills needed for risk reporting and analysis.
- Prior involvement project management from user’s perspective, especially innovation projects, preferred.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); working knowledge of a business intelligence tool is a plus (Power BI, Tableau, etc.).
- In addition, candidates with one or several of the following skills will be preferred: basic understanding of a scripting language (Python, R, Java, Matlab, etc.), functional knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and APIs, knowledge of data management main principles and regulations.
- Ideal candidate will have 7+ years experience in a related role;
- Experience supporting one or more risk type e.g., credit, operational, market, liquidity risk, and respective underlying products;
- Experience delivering compelling, well-structured presentations;
- Experience of synthesizing data and content to produce executive summary style reports and presentations;
- New Product Approval and/or Project management experience considered a plus.
WHY JOIN US
Competitive compensation & benefits offering, including but not limited to:
- Minimum of 20 Vacation days + 4 personal days
- Supportive Maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave policy
- Health spending ($2,000/year) and personal spending ($1,000/year) accounts with 75+ eligible reimbursement categories (health, training, electronics etc.)
- Fully sponsored virtual healthcare assistance and Employee Assistance Program to you and your immediate family
- Various Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to engage with such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet, etc.
- A culture of continuous development by encouraging our employees various training programs (online training and coaching platform such as Coursera, GoFluent, Pluralsight, First Finance, and others)
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.