The Enterprise Risk Management Officer / Data & Analytics Coordinator is:
- A member of Société Générale’s Enterprise Risk Management department for the Americas region, reporting to the Head of the Governance team within that department (located in New York), and
- The coordinator of the Risk Data & Analytics team (located in Montreal) reporting functionally to the Senior Risk Analyst & Data Officer.
Roles and responsibilities are laid out as follows:
- Enterprise Risk Management Governance and Architecture:
- Development, update, discussion and socialization of various enterprise risk management governance policies and documents, such as the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, ensuring their alignment with applicable regulations and SG Group documents.
- Oversight and management of SG AMER’s policies and procedures, ensuring that they are fully compliant to SG AMER ‘s policy on policies.
- Participation to the conception and roll-out of the enterprise-wide risk data architecture within the “Governance, Risk & Compliance” (“GRC”) framework.
- Elaboration of user requirements, interaction with business analysts and developers.
- Performance of User Acceptance Tests (UAT) for elements of the GRC framework.
- Implementation and roll-out of user data and analytics solutions and reporting.
- As a member of the Risk Data & Analytics team:
- Assist in the implementation of the strategy and roadmap designed by the Senior Risk Analyst & Data Officer related to the RISQ IT infrastructure and data
- Work closely with other members of the Risk D&A team and the technology function to enhance data accuracy, integrity, timeliness and adaptability
- In partnership with the Digital Transformation and Data Management officers, improve the efficiency of risk monitoring and enhance analytics through automation and digitalization
- As the coordinator of the Risk Data & Analytics team:
- Provide day-to-day supervision and guidance for the other members of the Risk D&A team.
- Coordinate when required with the hierarchical managers of the respective teams in NY (evaluations, objectives setting), and with the Senior Risk Analyst & Data Officer to whom s/he reports functionally, as well as to the Head of RISQ in Montreal.
- Be a member of the RISQ Exco in Montreal.
Strong presentation and excellent oral / written communication skills
Effective interpersonal and influencing skills
Ability to challenge constructively and to interact at all levels of the organization
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
Knowledge in risk management organization and governance.
Understanding of trading and financing activities, in order to properly assess risk within the related processes.
Confirmed experience in project management, with a technological edge, from users’ perspective.
Prior involvement in innovation projects preferred.
Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Languages):
6+ years in the banking industry, preferably in a risk or compliance environment
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
English and French speaking