Within the « Environmental and Social Advisory for Transactions” team, this position is dedicated to the Environmental and Social (E&S) evaluation of projects as well as supporting the sustainable and positive impact finance initiatives of the group’s global finance division (called GLBA). You will:
• support our commercial teams and, when relevant, our clients, on E&S questions during the appraisal of financing transactions. You will
o identify and assess E&S risks and impacts associated with the transactions (in particular project finance, export credits, advisory mandates), relying on studies carried out and, occasionally, by going on site.
o Propose mitigation or management measures for these E&S issues
o Determine the E&S conditions to be included in the loan legal documentation in order to minimize credit and/or reputational risk for the bank
o Evaluate if the operations qualify as “Positive Impact Finance”
• monitor the deals after signing from an E&S standpoint
• contribute to the coordination and implementation of the E&S evaluation of transaction: database updates, evolution of the assessment methodology, training of staff
• contribute to the bank’s strategy in terms of E&S policies definition, alignment of its financing portfolio with climate commitments, development of Positive Impact Finance,
• interact with other poles of the Sustainable & Positive Impact Solutions department, as well as business lines, Corporate Social Responsibility, Middle Office, Risks and Compliance departments
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.