• Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics and Information Technology or similar
• At least 4 years of experience in the banking operation field, preferably middle office or trade processing role
• Knowledge of VBA / Python programming is an advantage
• Good equity and derivatives products knowledge
• Demonstrate operational risk detection and analysis capabilities
• Result oriented: demonstrate strong drive to achieve result while well estimate risk of own actions
• Client oriented: Always strive for the best for our clients (internal/external)
• Excellent communication skills; required to work with various internal partners
• Team Player: Make cooperation between colleagues, inside and outside the team, a priority
• Responsible, proactive and positive mindset
• Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Think out of the box, propose new ideas and solutions on identified problems or existing processes
• Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment
• Strong and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• Fluent English is mandatory
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Within the Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS) division, you will join the Global Banking Service Unit Department for Market Investment activities, which is in charge of the processing and control of operations initiated by the Investment trading desk (Warrant, Volatility, Quant and Delta 1). Our teams guarantee the quality and reliability of transactions carried out on behalf of clients in all the different financial centres around the world.
This role sits in GBSU which supports Global Markets trading activities in terms of both IT and Operations. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying, and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships, and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation.
As the first link in the Operations chain, Trade Support is also the first level of control and line of defence. The team interacts with all parts of the business and have daily interactions with Traders, Sales, Legal, Back Office.
Product scope: Vanilla Equity Derivatives Products (Options, Futures, Warrants, CBBC, Variance Swaps, Volatility Swaps, ELS, EMTN)
as well as hedge products (Cash Equities, FX products)