Description of the Business Line or Department
The Communication department of Societe Generale UK is responsible for ensuring:
- The definition of the Communication strategy in the UK, in line with Societe Generale Group Communication.
- The promotion of Societe Generale’s brand, culture, values, and business expertise in the UK.
- The support of its business activities, principally in Financing & Advisory, Global Market and Investment Services, Wealth and Asset Management.
The Communication team is organised around 2 pillars:
• Thought Leadership
• Corporate Engagement
Brand, Sponsorship, Internal Communications, Events and CSR are part of the Corporate Engagement pillar. The Thought Leadership pillar includes Media Relations, Editorial and Business Line communication partners.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Working within a busy Corporate Engagement team, the Events Manager will be responsible for contributing to the strategic positioning and effective delivery of Corporate and Business Events (both live and virtual) for internal and external stakeholders which promote Societe Generale’s brand and activities in the UK.
The Events Manager will need to deliver events which adhere to our regulatory requirements, report against these controls each quarter and ensure all budgets are tracked and managed effectively. The role will work closely with senior stakeholders including the CEO and our Executive Team, other key stakeholders in the business areas including front office teams and marketing, internal communications, CSR and PR.
The role will be responsible for delivering live, hybrid and virtual events via various platforms and sometimes in partnership with third party suppliers.
The role will coordinate the implementation of the communication department’s risk control and permanent supervision control framework.
The role reports into the Head of Corporate Engagement.
Summary of responsibilities
The scope of responsibility includes planning, co-ordination and execution of events (live/hybrid/virtual) in alignment with and supporting the Societe Generale corporate strategy and business priorities. This includes sponsored conferences.
You will be project managing events, mainly external client events but could also include internal staff engagement events, working as part of the Corporate Engagement team. Main responsibilities include:
- Management of the end-to-end events process, including concept creation and proposal document, delivery and post-event debrief including measurement evaluation and recommendation proposals for improvement.
- For sponsored conferences – neogotiating the contracts, agreeing the packages, leveraging internal networks to agree speakers and agree conference themes in collaboration with marketing.
- Budget management
- External supplier and agency management
- Ensuring events are aligned with the company strategy and reflect company values and culture and protect our reputation.
You will be proactively managing the strategic approach of the events offering (live and virtual), taking into account our corporate assets such as Rugby and our Royal Albert Hall box, our client offering and our brand positioning. To do this you will:
- Ensure events are in line with the company strategy and reflect the company values.
- Proactively anticipate and design the Events calendar.
- Utilise the in-house online events platforms to support and monitor the events activity.
- Source and identify suppliers to meet business needs in delivering new and innovative events (live/virtual).
- Be knowledgeable about virtual event trends and digital content platforms and feed into event planning and digital delivery.
You will manage the ticketing process for client entertainment to designated rugby events (in alignment with our brand sponsorship) and our box at the Royal Albert Hall.
Working closely with the UK communication department’s management team and Societe Generale control functions, you will coordinate the implementation and execution of the department’s risk control and permanent supervision framework to ensure all considerations and mitigants are in place and up to date on an ongoing basis. The individual will also support on the departments conduct and culture framework. You will be the central point of contact on all matters linked to risk controls.
As we are a small and agile team, the role could also be asked to support or lead on other projects as necessary within the wider Communication team.