• Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science or similar
• Product knowledge: Exotics derivatives (payoff understanding, lifecycle events)
• Knowledge of Python or VBA programming is an advantage but not compulsory
• Ability to prioritise and multitask, communicate precisely and work independently
• Possess strong risk awareness
• Understanding of trader’s job and hedging decision making
• Strong and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good energy. Ability to handle high trade volumes and work under pressure.
• Express his/her convictions and act with courage
• Embody the Group's values by honouring its commitments, fostering a climate of trust and knowing how to work with colleagues from different environments and cultures
• Fluent English is mandatory, any other languages would be a plus
• Excellent communication skills, required to interface with various internal partners (Traders, Engineers, Sales, other Middle Offices, Product Control teams, Back Offices, IT) and in different countries (Asia, Europe, America).
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Within the Trade Support Unit team of the IT & Operations Department, our mission is to ensure all new trades and life cycle events are correctly reflected in the relevant information systems / database:
• for Front Office (FO) to have a clear and accurate view of their positions and risks,
• for Operations to ensure smooth settlement for all trades,
• for Finance to compute economic and accounting PnL in due time.
• for Clients to receive various notification timely
As the first link in the Operations chain, Trade Support is also the first level of control for the business.