The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Frankfurt am Main is to begin in September 1st, 2019 but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months, however, can be extended up to 24 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
- Graduate with a Master degree from a University or Business/Engineering School, ideally with a specialization in Finance or Economics
- A previous international and practical experience gained through internships is desirable; ideally experience in the finance industry (structured or export finance)
- Good knowledge in structured financing, know-how with respect to export credit agencies and knowledge about emerging countries is important
- You are proficient with MS Office
- Fluency in English (written and orally) is inevitable, an intermediate level in German is a plus.
As a VIE in our Export Finance team you will benefit in several ways:
- You will gain practical insights into the functioning of Export Finance, and get an understanding of processes and products.
- You will obtain experience in working with different Business Lines and across countries.
- You will strengthen your ability to adapt to a multi-cultural working environment and foster your creative thinking capability.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Global Finance entity of SG Corporate and Investment Banking. We provide our issuer clients (corporates, financial institutions, public sector) with capital raising solutions, along with structured financing and commodities, forex and interest rate hedging. Developing tailor-made products and providing strategic advice (capital structure advisory, financing schemes and capital markets) based on our worldwide expertise and in-depth sectorial knowledge, we aim to meet their financing needs.
The Export Finance team is supporting the export efforts of both manufacturers and contractors. In collaboration with development banks, commercial banks, private insurers and investors the team creates tailored financial solutions, which aim to mitigate the risks in financing international trade.
As VIE (M/F) in the Export Finance team in Frankfurt you will assist the Managing Director to ensure the covering from the Export Financing in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.