Societe Generale opened its Canadian headquarters in Montreal in 1974 to offer its financial services to corporations, financial institutions and governments. The Toronto and Calgary offices were opened in 1978 and 2006 respectively.
We now employ over four hundred people, both in the traditional banking sector (investment banking, funds and trading activities) and in the field of information technology, with the opening of our SG Montreal Solutions Centre subsidiary which, thanks to its geographical location and its cultural diversity, provides computer support and development for the New York and Paris teams.
Interested in Corporate Social Responsibility matters such as contributing to the protection of the environment or giving back to the local communities?
Several Employee Resource Groups have been put in place at Societe Generale in Canada to help you achieve a sense of fulfilment towards causes that matter the most to you!
Get on board and get involved! We are here to support you!
GBSU/RPM is the global department in charge of steering IT Risks & Production for GBIS ("Global Banking and Investor Solution").
The key missions of the department are to:
- Define, consolidate and steer all production indicators (KSI, SLA, etc.);
- Coordinate major production operations like applicative releases, infrastructure changes and disaster recovery tests.
- Ensure the consistency of production practices & tools across GBIS and animate related communities of practices;
- Deploy and steer IT Risk Management processes, while respecting policies defined with the operational and cybersecurity risk departments
- Manage Transversal Production transformation projects.