• Necessary to understand the sales and trading activities of SG Front Officers and SG Clients. The candidate must have a very good knowledge of Fixed Income including FX, Credit and Rates as well as structured products and its distribution
• Seating on the trading floor. The candidate must be very vigilant on delivering quality analysis in a timely manner and respond the Front Office with a clear answer in a real time basis based on the regulatory requirements and market practice
• Besides the daily advisory, MARK/FIC also manages a launch of different new products/system and regional/global projects, etc.
• The candidate must have a very good knowledge of rules and market practice as well as working in details to mitigate the potential risks
• The candidate will operate within a multi-jurisdiction platform and deal with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures as well as from different teams. Good adaptability and willing to learn is a must to the candidate
• The candidate must be fluent in English as communications inside and outside the Compliance Department are essentially in English. Liaising with Front Office staff being an important part of the job, the candidate must be very clear in his/her requests
• The candidate will be entrusted with projects and tasks of his/her own and his/her manager will expect to receive very clear and concise feedbacks on the work progress
• Fluent English is mandatory
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA
APAC Compliance maintains a local presence in Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand (130+ staff in total). The allocation of resources in the region is proportionate to company staffing, size of business activities and local regulatory constraints. Our primary focus is to support GBIS activities (MARK – Fixed Income).
Hong Kong is the regional business and Compliance hub. The department is approx. 70+ staff and split into 6 areas of expertise.
- Advisory (ADV)
- Governance & Regulatory Liaison (REG)
- Capital Markets Surveillance (CMS)
- Compliance Testing LOD2, Reviews, Risk Assessment (CTL)
- Financial Crime Unit (FCU)
- Control Room (CIB)
In other countries, we have multi-disciplinary compliance teams covering all functions.
The candidate will be a member of the Hong Kong Advisory Compliance team covering Fixed Income and he/she will be primarily reporting to the Head of Fixed Income based in Hong Kong. The candidate will have to work closely with other teams of the Compliance Department.