Major Accountabilities/Principal responsibilities:
- Product & Market Knowledge: develops a strong knowledge of FIC products and product features, trading standards, and market dynamics. Partake to trainings sessions, product presentations and visit hubs to exchange ideas on a frequent basis. Develop a Market Advisory approach with relative value analysis and trade idea generation in close interaction with Trading and GRS.
- Sales Talent & Efforts: to pitch SG capabilities especially GRS and Trading products, recruits new clients, identify their needs and trade with them, establish a durable and permanent relationship; not just concentrating on existing clients but also on new ones.
- Market Intelligence: Knows his market, the needs of each client segment, what competitors do in terms of products - Feedback the information to management, other sales teams, ENG/Structuring teams and trading teams to improve capabilities of the platform.
Teamwork & Cooperation:
- work closely and back-up other team members to ensure client business continuity, ensure effective teamwork within local but also global teams, as well as with other departments in the group.
- make necessary meetings to introduce and leverage our Traders, Research and other product partners, strong Sales & Trading Alignment, develop dialogue with other sales in all centers regionally & globally to facilitate information sharing and to foster cross selling and client referral.
- Fit in well with rest of team and into SG’s culture
Reporting and Transparency: Regular reports meetings to various parties involved in coverage and all necessary stakeholders, enter information on client and meeting into IC or any other CMU tools, report to necessary managers and/or BMO of sensitive incidents or transactions.
- Compliance: Refers to Sales Handbook and avoid entering any discussion or transaction that could lead to a long-term liability for SG. Understand local rules and regulations of his market(s) and complies with all internal guidelines pre- and post-trade (notably but obviously not only such as KYC, credit pre-trade check in Riskweb tool, suitability check and process, appropriate and validated marketing documents by relevant stakeholders including Compliance department, appropriate legal documentation and regulatory requirements, SG internal execution and trading standards, margin policy, CVA and RAROC guideline, timely and appropriate booking of transactions, pre- and final confirmation etc...), but also all the other general business guidelines such as gift and entertainment policy, information security guidelines and restrictions versus external or internal communication (especially when dealing with any confidential or private information, Chinese walled transactions, GILT listed deals…) etc… , and always refers/escalate all potential issues/internal or external incidents to management, BMO or Compliance.
Dealing Procedures & Coordination:
- Cooperates with support functions – is not mentioned as a problem maker by the various departments (M.O, B.O, Legal etc),
- Properly input deals in IT systems, in an exhaustive manner, pays particular attention to the correctness of term sheets and the credit processes (IFlows etc) – validate quickly Final Terms when needed. Daily & Monthly Reporting in RTQS.
- Keep operational risks and errors close to zero if possible.
- In regards of the Product Mandate and Client Coverage, is autonomous and reliable to execute client orders according to SG internal execution standards from pre-trade to post-trade requirements as listed but not restricted below: (refer to Sales handbook and consecutive amendments for exhaustive list)
- Pre trade coordination: KYC On-boarding process, Client Capacity and Product suitability check, Credit checks within Iflow and Iforce, Finalization and validation of supporting legal documents (ISDA, CSA, GMRA, Termsheet, Confirmation), Review of Marketing documents
- Trade confirmation: Execution and recording of trades with clients according to SG standards and regulatory requirements (MiFid and DFA as an example), Timely input in booking systems, respect of Sales Credit and Margin Policies
- Post Trade coordination: Settlement instructions, cooperation with various middle office teams, reporting and valuation process with CSU, BO and OPER support