Description of the Business Line or Department
Within Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB), the Information Technologies department is in charge of providing other departments with their Information System. IT manages high quality and competitive tools respecting technology and cost standards.
Based in London, one of the leading financial marketplaces in Europe, you will join the Fixed Income & Currencies (FIC) team, which mainly acts as a proximity business support unit for the FIC Market Making business in London.
You will mainly support Front Office users of the Investment Banking branch on booking and trading tools applications.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
As an analyst in a very rich, dynamic and demanding environment, you will support the business of the Investment Banking branch for the Forex market activity. Your user base is mostly in London, but also in Paris + EMEA and consists mainly of Front Office agents. You will work on functional issues impacting pricing, electronic market contribution / negotiation / STP, manual booking but be exposed to risk and P&L issues.
- Main responsibility will be to support the Forex business on our trading and boking tools and platforms. Users will be traders, sales and middle office.
- Communicate with users and provide regular updates on the status and actions taken
- Collaborate within your team and contribute when applicable on skill sets outside of user support: business analysis, testing, project management, coding.
- Ensure the continuity of the business by a strong relationship with the local helpdesk-support team, IT development team, the infrastructure teams and the IT Project and product managers in EMEA.
- Guarantee a high level of service & quality by industrialising the different processes and participating to the local and global projects and by communicating about it.
Summary of responsibilities
- Provide thorough and clear analyses to unblock, assist and accompany the business on functional IT topics and issues.
- Escalate the incidents to appropriate development team (support level 3) when required. Liaise with relevant IT teams regarding new functional and technical enhancements.
- Participate in Agile sprints in any capacity that can contribute outside of user support: coding, business analysis, testing
- Make available the knowledge of the local activity by promoting and updating documentation of procedures and processes used
- Train new users within EMEA and accompany the business on major changes impacting their tools.
- Identify improvement axis and lead/propose transformation of existing processes both for the business or our production services activities.