Within the Group Finance Department, DFIN CTL team is in charge of the Level 2 Finance supervision of the Group accounting, tax and regulatory permanent control framework. The Controlling department is mainly main responsible for the production and publication of the accounting & tax standards of the Group, the control of the accounting, tax, regulatory and prudential translation of the transactions with regards to the standards and the current principles within the Group. In Asia Region, the team is covering the regional/local specificity on accounting, tax & regulatory requirement as well.
The main responsible of L2C controller in Finance is to leading level 2 permanent control mission (accounting, tax, regulatory) on the effectiveness and relevance of 1st Level Control. The purpose of this review and these verifications is to give an opinion on the quality of first-level control framework.
This role bases in Hong Kong, regional hub of Asia Pacific, which also has a team of CTL with the regional finance team. The successful candidate exposes to variety of SG business in the region (e.g. corporate & investment banking, brokerage, global transaction banking) and acts as interlocutors with senior managers and management on different subjects.
The primary responsibilities of this controller include:
1. Conduct Local & Group tax regulatory reporting mission review (L2C) covering APAC entities:
- Liaise with relevant parties at the bank regarding control testing (L2C) roadmap that mitigate tax regulatory risk to tolerable level and explain to relevant parties on the rationale and tasks to be performed
- Conduct L2C on risky tax regulatory reporting controls and processes (by means of walkthrough, re-performance and sample testing) to give an opinion on the quality of control design and performance
- Summarize the L2C findings through proper documentation of the methodology and work done, and prepare draft summary report at a regional view
- Participate in providing improvement recommendation on any ineffective control and the action plan accordingly
- Regularly update on regional L2C review roadmap status (by KPI dashboard) & regulatory risk alerts to the team
2. Participate in the transversal topics, including but not limited below :
- Participate in regular risk assessment to define/update the L2C roadmap for Asia Finance team
- Contribute the L2C mission’s summary for the regular reporting to the regional & group management
- Monitor & coordinate the time tracking of the missions for the team
- Participate the digital initiatives from CTL team
3. Ad hoc projects:
- Liaise with other relevant parties on various finance related projects including but not limited to remediation roadmap, target operation models, etc.
- Actively involve in various regulatory related projects (tax and other relevant areas) to support the ongoing development of the local and group tax regulatory reporting requirements
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.