KEY SKILL AREAS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• At least 7 years of banking experience with previous work experience or knowledge related to Financial reporting or relevant advisory projects or closely related industry experience in internal Audit, Risk or Finance of the financial institution
• Knowledge of tax and banking regulations related prudential ratios is an advantage
• Relevant governance, audit, control, and project experience, specifically in areas of accounting, risk management, and finance in the financial institution
• Ability to handle multiple deadlines and associated pressures, to manage work independently and to be flexible within continually changing priorities.
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint with knowledge in VBA & Power BI, Alteryx & knowledge of new digital technology/ data visualization tools is an advantage
• Multiple language skills are an advantage
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCY REQUIRED:
• Ability to assimilate, analyse and communicate a wide variety of information
• Ability to break down a problem into constituent parts
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with people on site as well as people in remote locations (All APAC, Paris, Bangalore…)
• Analytical and Problem-solving skills, disciplined person and able to work on strict timescales
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Strong organization skills
• Must be dependable and self-motivated
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous work-streams, dealing with multiple stakeholders and managing across numerous initiatives as well as ensure timely and robust delivery
• Strong and clear communication (verbal and written), ability to adjust communication style to audience
• Attention to details
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Within the Group Finance Department, DFIN Control (CTL) team is in charge of the Level 2 (L2) Finance supervision of the Group accounting, tax and regulatory permanent control framework. The Controlling department is mainly responsible for the production and publication of the accounting & tax standards of the Group, the control of the accounting, tax, regulatory and prudential translation of the transactions with regards to the standards and the current principles within the Group. In Asia Region, the team is covering the regional/local specificity on accounting, tax & regulatory requirement as well.
The main responsible of L2 controller (L2C) in Finance is to leading level 2 permanent control mission (accounting, tax, regulatory) on the effectiveness and relevance of 1st Level Control. The purpose of this review and these verifications is to give an opinion on the quality of first-level control framework.
This regional role bases in Hong Kong or any other country in Asia Region wherever have the right candidate. The successful candidate exposes to variety of SG business in the region (e.g. corporate & investment banking, brokerage, global transaction banking) and acts as interlocutors with senior managers and management on different subjects.