Description of the Business Line or Department
DFIN is responsible for the maintenance of accounting records, production of statutory accounts, production of Group financial accounts, production of financial reports to the regulators, liaising with the middle and front offices on maintenance of existing structures as well as new business initiatives across SG’s UK booking platforms.
The Department SG Kleinwort Hambros DFIN team is responsible for the Financial Accounting, FINREP and LIQREP reporting for SG Kleinwort Hambros Group.
The key objectives of the department are to provide financial supervision and production services for SG Kleinwort Hambros Group in relation to submission of monthly and quarterly reporting to SG Paris, quarterly FINREP reporting to the PRA and year end Statutory Accounts production and LIQREP production to SG Paris.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
· To produce accurate and timely financial information and maintain effective financial controls for the SG Kleinwort Hambros Group for review by Group Head of Accounting and Reporting and CFO.
· Co-ordination with the team in EBS (Outsourced bookkeeping and accounting provider) with regards to the production of the monthly and quarterly reporting to SG Group Paris. As well as co-ordinating with the local entity Financial Accountants within the SG Kleinwort Hambros Group.
· Liaison with the Group Auditors and collaborate to work towards a smooth and timely delivery of Audited Statutory Accounts.
· Working with Paris to ensure reporting is consistent with SG Paris guidelines and blocking issues are raised and cleared in conjunction with Paris.
Summary of responsibilities
- Completion and review of the Monthly and quarterly consolidated Magnitude reporting to SG Group Paris.
- Reporting and escalation of issues as identified as part of the close process.
- Ensure an appropriate control environment is in place and report where weaknesses or breaks in this control environment are identified.
- Reconciliation of Metrix reporting to the Group Magnitude and Financial Accounting results.
- ensuring correct treatment of Bonus schemes
- variance analysis of the costs and revenue for quarterly group reporting
· Coordination and communication with EBS in the month end production process
- Provide support to the EBS team as required to assist in the quality of the month end production and the timeliness of reporting
- Escalate issues as they arise and monitor the resolution of issues assisting as required
- Collaborate to work towards a smooth and timely delivery of Audited Statutory Accounts. Responding to information requests as appropriate and assistance in clearance of audit testing.
· Accounting Standards and Group Norms
- Coordinate with Group and Auditors on latest Accounting Standards to ensure accounting policies are correctly applied.
- Review accounting treatments for quarterly and year end statutory submissions.
· Work with other teams both inside and outside finance
- Coordinate with ALM, REG and wider Finance stakeholders to ensure the provision of quality information within strict deadlines.
- Cooperate with departments within the business including Treasury and Risk for consistency and validation of results.
- assisting IT and the COO team as required in developments and improvements projects
- Work with EBS and the tax team for correct inputs and treatments
- Submission and payment within HMRC deadlines
- Work with the SG London Branch tax team in respect of the year end tax charge as computed for the year end group magnitude and Statutory Accounts production
- Respond to queries as they arise
- Ensure submission of returns and payments are on time as set by the London Branch Tax department.
· New Products:
- Actively participating in the implementation of new reporting requirements including new products and upgrades to systems as necessary
· Controls - Account Certification
- Review Accounts allocated to department for certification sign off and support documentation in place.
· Perform Administration required for the Small Company accounting within the SG Kleinwort Hambros Group
- Keep up to date and progress liquidations, dissolutions and purchases within the Group as appropriate
- Ensure Financial Accounting implementations are fully considered and correctly applied.
· Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGKH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationships
Level of Autonomy and Authority
Reporting line into Head of Financial Reporting.