Description of the Business Line or Department
GLBA is the Coverage and Investment Banking division of SGCIB GLBA offers clients the whole range of services offered by the bank, with particular focus on cross-selling the capital markets offering.
GLBA/FIG is in charge of the relationships and develops business with SG’s Financial Institution clients.
The team is composed of Senior Bankers and Bankers who are assigned a portfolio of clients and whose primary operational responsibilities are to:
- Manage the overall client relationship in order for SG to be seen as a long-term partner
- Understand client requirements, identify gaps in coverage, and work with front office salespeople to pitch suitable solutions and services
- Develop detailed client plans to establish pipeline opportunities/ priorities for resource planning
- Promote cross-selling, diversify revenue streams to support sustainable long-term business flow
- Supporting business lines on risk related issues
- Build network across C-suite, decision-makers, dealers and facilitators.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
You will be part of a business and client-driven coverage organization (GLBA/FIG) to work closely with Bankers and Coverage Analysts with a focus on the Asset Management industry.
In addition to the FIG Coverage team, this role implies a lot of interactions with different Business Lines and Service Units of the Group, such as:
- Global Markets (“MARK”)
- Securities Services (“SGSS”), correspondent banking & cash management (“GTPS”) and asset management services (“LYXOR”) - to a lesser degree than MARK
- Global Banking and Advisory (“GLBA”) - to a lesser degree than MARK. It includes, among others, interactions with the Asset-Backed Products and Private Debt specialist teams.
- Client Lifecycle & Digital - mainly Onboarding & Legal teams.
The role can be summarized as follows:
- Bring support during the whole lifecycle of the client/prospect relationship, which includes:
- Conduct internal reviews and follow up action plans per client/portfolio: analyse business potential and cross-selling opportunities, participate in internal meetings with salespeople to identify the opportunities/gaps
- Provide presentations, client information & research, press review and all other material needed by bankers & analysts for client meeting and management reports
- Write Briefing Notes for Senior Management
- Conduct industry research including peer analysis and sector/country overviews
- Monitor market trends and track client performance. Contribute to the team’s monthly Newsletter
- Understand the impact of new regulation, market evolution for Financial Institutions and SG’s offering (including MIFID and EMIR)
- Support origination and structuring of some financing transactions with a follow-up on the booked operations; particularly preparing internal credit requests and validating details in documentation.
- Contribute to the Client Profitability monitoring by:
- Being responsible for client profitability analyses, both achieved and estimated, for the dedicated clients’ portfolio
- Update and maintain the client reference tables in internal referential systems (creation and maintenance of client group structures in CRM systems)
- Contribute to Counterparty Risk follow-ups.
- Participate actively to the team development by:
- Developing relationships with different teams across the full range of business lines and products to effectively gather and relay client information while also broadening your own knowledge of SG’s products and services
- Optimising existing systems and processes in place
- Proactively identifying and developing solutions for any inefficiencies impacting the day to day functioning of the team; this includes but is not limited to client reporting, KYC requirements, CRM system enhancements and onboarding monitoring.
Summary of responsibilities
- Prepare presentation and marketing materials for use in client meetings, covering topics such as capital markets activity, financing, correspondent banking & cash management, etc
- Conduct internal reviews and follow-up action plans per clients/portfolio: analyse business potential and cross selling opportunities, participate in meetings with salespeople to identify opportunities/gaps
- Participate to the team development: optimising existing systems and processes, proposing new projects
- Monitor market trends, track client performance
- Conduct industry research: peer analysis, sector/country studies
- Understand the impact of new regulation, market evolution on of Financial Institutions and SG offering.